The Mining Advisory Senior Associate is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. The Mining Advisory Senior Associate will be a key member of the advisory team and will be supporting the Advisory team throughout the entire client engagement, as well as guiding strategic business decisions in conjunction with leadership.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
This position is based at Foundry HQ in Rochester, NY.
- Support the Advisory team in the delivery of key artifacts to advisory clients
- Participate in client engagements to gather underlying problems and unique pain points of each customer to develop specific advisory offerings
- Research prospective clients to understand possible synergies
- Understand PoW economic modeling and be able to create models depending on different scenarios and input variables
- Work with Operations team to ensure SOW/deliverable expectations are aligned
- Research industry news, regulations, and other key factors that affect the PoW mining industry as a whole
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Foundry’s offerings for business development purposes
- Assist in developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2+ years experience in BD, management consulting, investment banking or other similar client facing roles.
- Bachelor's degree required, specifically in business/economics/finance or something involving a quantitative element
- MBA is preferred but not required
- Strong Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills
- Exceptional energy, interest and experience in building things from the ground up and delivering real results
- Deep knowledge of our industry not required, but a strong interest in as well as a willingness to learn about crypto and blockchain is key
- Experience working in a startup - high sense of urgency, ambiguous environment - is a plus
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to see the bigger picture and understand new functional areas quickly
- Someone who possesses a true cross-functional mindset
- Strong quantitative and reasoning skills
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, listening, negotiation, organization and presentation
- Someone both convincing and clear on next steps, who always follows up on promises
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
In order to keep our employees safe, Foundry has implemented an office protocol that requires all employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. However, Foundry will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.