The Mining Advisory Analyst is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the VP, Business Development the Mining Advisory Associate/Analyst will help us with in-depth analysis, research and exploration of the Proof-of-Work segment of the cryptocurrency industry to better drive strategic business decisions and guide our institutional customers.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
This position is based at Foundry HQ in Rochester, NY.
- Collect, research and analyze cryptocurrency mining economics
- Organize data, and interpret trends and identify patterns
- Record and analyze statistics based on the research results and conduct further analysis based on the statistics
- Create and maintain API’s from different mining databases to have the most up to date data for mining analytics and economics
- Create PowerPoints and reports and present data sets and information in a timely and compelling manner
- Conduct secondary research on industry trends, competitors, customers, regulatory changes, technology changes, and immerging technologies in this space
- Work closely with the mining advisory team, advisory clients
- Primarily supporting the Proof of Work aspect of the Foundry business
- Work with Business Team to identify key data points to capture and archive
- Refine data architecture to optimize for retrieval
- Improve resiliency and redundancy of data
- Refine tool to identify and document public data
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with data modeling, statistics, and visualization techniques, and ability to drill into the data and gain valuable insights
- Advanced proficiency in analytical or business intelligence tools and MS Office suite including Excel
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms and other fundamental concepts
- Knowledge of databases and Big data
- Interest in researching and analyzing topics related to Bitcoin and other crypto assets
- Passionate about PoW and interested in hardware and operations
- Passionate about technology and interested in various crypto assets, blockchain, and tech entrepreneurship
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Currently pursuing Master of Science graduate program with a focus on data and business analytics, or similar degree program
- Experience in programming languages for data analysis such as Python, Scala, JS, SQL (Id make this preffered/nice to have but not minimum requirement)
- Experience in popular analytics tools such as QlikView, Tableau, Splunk
- Experience in data analytics programming languages, ex. Python, Scala, SQL, JS, or R, and Linux operating system
- Knowledge of REST/HTTP, JSON/XML
- Skilled in basic Data engineering skills such as extract, transform, and load
- Working Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform/AWS/Azure
- Proactive self-starter, problem solver with a solutions-focused, positive attitude
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage short term projects from conception to execution and power through setbacks with focus and determination
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
In order to keep our employees safe, Foundry has implemented an office protocol that requires all employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. However, Foundry will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.