The Cloud Engineer is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Director of Network Operations, the Cloud Engineer will be responsible for the deployment, provisioning, management, and monitoring of assets deployed within Foundry’s public cloud infrastructure.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
This position is based at Foundry HQ in Rochester, NY.
- Build automated deployment and provisioning workflows for cloud infrastructure
- Design and implement internal tooling for configuration management
- Implement cloud security best practices with zero-trust access controls for internal and external applications
- Partner with Infrastructure, DevOps, and Software Development teams to deploy and manage hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Provide documentation and diagrams for IT staff and software development teams
- Identify opportunities for cost optimization within public cloud infrastructure
- Implement monitoring and alerting to measure performance metrics and identify bottlenecks or system failures
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of experience working with AWS or GCP at an Associate level or higher
- Proven track record leading highly-available and fault-tolerant infrastructure deployments
- Large scale migration experience between public cloud and/or hybrid cloud environments
- Comfortable writing Terraform or CloudFormation template files for automated infrastructure provisioning
- Functional scripting knowledge for configuration management (E.g., Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Functional understanding of Kubernetes management platforms
- Familiarity with administration of monitoring tools (E.g., Datadog, Prometheus, CloudWatch)
- Strong practical Debian-based Linux administration skills
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interest/Experience in cryptocurrency and/or Blockchain
- Ability to think outside the box
- Collaboration mindset
- Documentation experience
- Desire to learn
- Past networking experience a plus
- Past DevOps or Software Development experience a plus
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
In order to keep our employees safe, Foundry has implemented an office protocol that requires all employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. However, Foundry will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.