The Mining Technical Lead is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Mining Operations Manager, the Mining Technical Lead will be a multifaceted role which will include helping the Mining Operations Manager develop and implement new processes to facilitate the optimization for miner up-time and the inventory / operating fleet management of Foundry’s internal mining efforts. This will include working directly with cryptocurrency mining machines for commissioning, QA/QC, and coordinating repairs. This role has the potential of supervising the Miner Technician team.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
This position is open to candidates interested in working remote/hybrid, as well as candidates who desire to work at our physical work location in Rochester NY.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (responsibilities of the role, listed in order of most importance)
- Support the Mining Operations team and proprietary mining operations
- Coordination with hosting partners for managing miner deployments, unit repairs, and working to maximize uptime
- Implementation of processes and procedures for unit deployment for self-mining and Advisory clients.
- Coordination, Commissioning, networking and set up of new miner machines
- Using pool reporting and miner management software to track, monitor, and alert operations team of units that need reboot or repair
- Manage repair and RMA process
- Manage repair part inventory
- Coordinating with Mining Operations team on innovating how future deployments can be streamlined
- On site coordination of operating sites
- Working with Mining operations team and advisory team to ensure implementation of best practices and optimization of new buildouts
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (A candidate would need to meet these requirements in order to be qualified and considered for the role)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years’ experience systems deployment and management
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented individual
- Ability to manage task/goal priority and shift as company strategy evolves
- Ability to learn new and dynamic operations practices and implement thoughtful improvements
- Highly organized
- Must be experienced in general operations, QA/QC, workflow management and service management
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (These requirements are above and beyond the minimum requirements and would NOT disqualify a candidate from being considered but are a preference in additional qualifications)
- Interest and knowledge in crypto currency
- Bitcoin mining experience
- Advanced MS office suite knowledge
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
In order to keep our employees safe, Foundry has implemented an office protocol that requires all employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. However, Foundry will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.