DESCRIPTION: The Director of Public Policy is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Director of Public Policy will work with local (Rochester, NY) and state (NY) officials to develop comprehensive public policy positions with respect to digital asset mining and staking on behalf of Foundry. This position is based in Rochester, Albany, or New York City, NY
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
- Maintain a regular presence in Rochester and Albany/NYC, NY crypto/mining policy conversations, both through formal meetings and informal networking opportunities, as well as relevant regulatory agencies
- Develop and implement the company’s advocacy and lobbying strategy
- Conduct policy, legislative, and regulatory research that reflect the policy team’s priorities and contribute to critical policy outcomes
- Distill and share the company’s perspective on key policy issues with external stakeholders
- Develop and manage a broad range of external communications programs in support of Foundry’s policy goals
- Monitor and analyze policy trends for the company; succinctly synthesize the information for internal audiences on potential or proposed federal, and state legislation or agency action
- Speak at policy-focused events to educate the policymakers and the industry about company positions
- Work closely with the DCG family of public policy employees and advisors.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Min 5 years of a proven track record covering public affairs and regulatory topics in the bank/finance sector and knowledgeable about crypto-assets regulatory landscape and the crypto mining landscape
- Already knowledgeable about the main regulations in place or discussed at a regional and National level in the crypto/mining industry
- Already be in touch with or identify all relevant stakeholders in the industry
- Creative thinker - an individual who has the capability to develop innovative public policy solutions for a fast-growing and evolving industry
- Detail-oriented individual - we need someone who can drill down into the details of laws, regulations, and legislation and explain these details to others.
- Exceptional writer with the ability to explain complex public policy issues in a language that can be understood by regulations, Congress, and the general public
- Proven ability to independently lead and execute all facets of challenging engagements with highest integrity and ethics
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
In order to keep our employees safe, Foundry has implemented an office protocol that requires all employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. However, Foundry will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.