DESCRIPTION: The Head of Physical Security is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Head of Physical Security will be the key component to operating a successful and safe corporate office, who depend on their competence to create not only a high-end professional security service but also a luxurious guest, customer and staff experience.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
- Primary point of contact for our third-party security vendors.
- Manage conflict and respond to staff and guest problems with a sense of urgency.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong follow-up skills where necessary.
- Commit to providing a high-quality service experience for guests.
- Demonstrate integrity, tact, diplomacy and a commitment to company values, and principles while ensuring the upmost consistency.
- On occasion must physically deter individuals who pose a threat to guests and/or employees.
- Review and complete activity reports of all security shifts daily.
- Review incident reports and ensure that they are written in a clear and concise manner.
- Efficient relaying of all information involved in emergency situations to designated management.
- Assist in supervising and reviewing incidents and/or investigations.
- Implement procedures to cover emergencies such as fires, life threats, weather problems, power outages, safety hazards and evacuation measures.
- Monitor and assist with procedures for lost and found items.
- Ensure that property patrols are regularly conducted, maintaining security visibility and logging safety and security issues.
- Responsible to maintain the Emergency and Medical response Kits.
- Enforce security policies and conduct periodic audits (guided and supervised by Acrion).
- Maintain required Security equipment.
- Conduct mail and package inspections.
- Maintain a positive yet professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Establish and maintain key/access control system.
- Conduct daily key audits, follow up on any discrepancies and report to management. ie. Escort guests and employees as required.
- Assist with guest requests and guestroom/conference room entries while maintaining proper security and guest privacy.
- Review Security log book and Guest Request log on a daily basis. Monitor and ensure the use of the employee entrance.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Effective communication both verbal and written with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Effective listening, understanding, and clarifying of security/safety concerns raised by employees or guests.
- Multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Effective in identifying, handling, and solving problems as necessary, including anticipating and/or preventing such.
- Comply with Company’s Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient office operations.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in financial institution or a related field (Supervisory experience preferred).
- Experience in crisis management, front desk operations. Previous security management experience required.
- College degree (Criminology or similar is preferred).
- Must have a valid driver’s license from the applicable state.
- Ability to walk/stand for at least 7 hours per day
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Must be able to climb stairs, descend stairs and run.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Must be able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality of information.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be willing to travel to other locations as needed.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, and collaboration).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.