The Director of Equipment Financing is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Controller, the Director of Equipment Financing will be focused on growing and maintaining Foundry’s finance offerings and advising top industry players on their financing options.
This position may allow for some remote work, but will also require onsite work in our office in Rochester, NY.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
- Own and expand the relationships with our existing equipment financing clients by sustained communication and understanding of their needs
- Drive new business for the equipment financing product line by researching, identifying, qualifying, and contacting potential clients
- Project lead the client, legal, regulatory, and logistics associated with closing an equipment finance deal
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Foundry’s offerings to identify profitable business opportunities
- Develop client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Present business and/or marketing opportunities to executives and management teams
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years experience in a leadership role focused on machine/equipment financing
- Bachelor's degree required, specifically in business/economics/finance/accounting or something involving a quantitative element
- MBA and/or CPA is preferred but not required
- Exceptional energy, interest and experience in building things from the ground up and delivering real results
- Deep knowledge of our industry not required, but a strong interest in as well as a willingness to learn about crypto and blockchain is key
- Experience working in a startup - high sense of urgency, ambiguous environment - is a plus
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to see the bigger picture and understand new functional areas quickly
- Someone who possesses a true cross-functional mindset
- Strong quantitative and reasoning skills
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, listening, negotiation, organization and presentation
- Someone both convincing and clear on next steps, who always follows up on promises
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, and collaboration).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.