The SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) role is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the DevOps Manager, the SDET will focus on the testability, robustness and performance of Foundry development projects as part of the software testing and development operation processes.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
This position is based at Foundry HQ in Rochester, NY.
- Design, implement, and maintains Test Automation frameworks/platforms for existing and upcoming Web applications, REST APIs, and DevOps pipelines.
- Work closely with the Software Engineering teams to design and perform automated functional and non-functional tests as part of the Software Development Lifecycle and DevOps pipelines. These will include the following types of tests:
- Unit / Acceptance
- API Contract Tests
- Investigate problems and bugs reported by customers, internal business partners, and engineering teams.
- Create and manage bug reports and communicate with the engineering teams and product owners.
- Strategize and prioritize test planning based on business requirements and feature risk levels.
- Monitor, triage, and report test results as part of code builds, deployments, and code promotions.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years professional experience in software development and/or automated test engineering, with a clear understanding of SDLC and DevOps processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Solid understanding of testing principles, testing types, and methodologies.
- Highly proficient at debugging applications under test.
- Familiar with API testing clients like Postman.
- Able to write reusable and maintainable code and scripts in languages such as Python, Java, Kotlin, Go, etc. Solid understanding of Object Oriented concepts and principles.
- Familiarity with Mocking frameworks.
- Familiarity with functional UI testing platforms/frameworks like Selenium or Robot.
- Understanding of web application and general client-server model architecture.
- Solid understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP/S, FTP/S3, SSH
- Solid understanding of public cloud infrastructure, platforms, and tools.
- Solid understanding of software versioning tools and platforms like Git and associated concepts like pull requests, merges, code reviews, etc.
- Experience with containerized applications and container testing a plus.
- Basic understanding of CI/CD processes.
- Basic understanding of performance and security testing including OSA and SAST scanning.
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Have an open and exploratory mindset, be adaptive, and collaborative.
- A passion for learning
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage short term projects from conception to execution and power through setbacks with focus and determination
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, and collaboration).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.