The Performance Test Engineer is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the DevOps Manager, the Performance Test Engineer will be responsible for implementing and conducting system performance testing to ensure systems reliability, capacity, and scalability.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
This position is based at Foundry HQ in Rochester, NY.
- Develop automated load test scenarios, frameworks, platforms, and environments for performance testing.
- Understand and analyze the impact of heavy load on the business scenarios and non-functional requirements needed to support Foundry service level agreements under such conditions.
- Designing workload models.
- Executing performance tests within the respective DevOps pipelines and SDLC to identify performance bottlenecks that include load, stress, spike, endurance, scalability, and volume tests.
- Analyze root causes of performance issues and provide corrective actions to development teams.
- Ensure test results are monitored, logged, and interpreted in order to provide delta and trending reports against baseline performance data.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years professional experience in software development with a focus in performance test engineering, with a clear understanding of SDLC and DevOps processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Highly proficient at debugging applications under test, including memory stack and cpu thread analysis, network traffic analysis, request/response message analysis, etc.
- Able to write reusable and maintainable code and scripts in languages such as Python, Java, Kotlin, Go, etc. Solid understanding of Object Oriented concepts and principles.
- Excellent understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP/S, FTP/S3, SSH
- Experience with the implementation and usage of API client tools and services used to design and execute performance and load scenarios against deployed applications and services such as LoadRunner/Ninja, Postman, JMeter, Gatling, K6, etc.
- Solid understanding of public cloud infrastructure, platforms, and tools especially load balancers and network routing. Able to understand the complex workload models needed to stress all expected business use cases and infrastructure requirements.
- Solid understanding of software versioning tools and platforms like Git and associated concepts like pull requests, merges, code reviews, etc.
- Experience with containerized applications and workloads.
- Basic understanding of CI/CD processes.
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Have an open and exploratory mindset, be adaptive, and collaborative.
- A passion for learning
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage short term projects from conception to execution and power through setbacks with focus and determination
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, and collaboration).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.