The Software Engineer, Crypto Staking Lead is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the CTO, the Software Engineer, Crypto Staking will be focused on creating and building the software stack for Foundry’s mining and staking operations.
This position may allow for some remote work, but will also require onsite work in our office in Rochester, NY.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
- Architect, develop and maintain the infrastructure of the DCG Foundry mining and staking operations.
- Collaborate with Foundry’s team members to design, develop, and deploy production ready software.
- Develop real-time API’s that support Foundry’s internal and external stakeholders.
- Make key architecture and development decisions in large scale distributed systems.
- Create monitoring solutions for Foundry’s mining and staking projects.
- Tech-lead other software engineers and developers
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
- Identify new opportunities to maximize Proof-of-Stake as well as Proof-of-Work rewards.
- Ensure system security to protect sensitive information and resources
- Write documentation on how to maintain and troubleshoot the system.
- Remain in an on-call rotation with other engineers in the team to troubleshoot critical downtime.
- Work closely with product owners, project managers, other development teams, DevOps and infrastructure teams.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 7+ years professional experience in software engineering, software architecture, focused on backend design and development
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about technology and interested in Defi, blockchain, and tech entrepreneurship
- Strong understanding of web services, API, databases, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, and data analysis & reporting
- Experience in Ubuntu Linux system, and cloud servers such as AWS
- Interest in researching topics related to digital assets, mining, and staking
- Experience in databases and monitoring and alerting systems
- Self-starter, strong problem-solving skills, and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Comfortable working in agile and lean project environments
- Mentoring and coaching developers
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ubuntu Linux system
- Kubernetes, Auth0, Kafka, Docker, Postman API
- AWS - EKS, Timestream, RDS, DynamoDB, S3, CloudFormation, API Gateway, Lambda
- REST/HTTP, JSON/XML, RPC
- Database Operations (AWS, Redis)
- Cloud servers such as Amazon AWS and Digital Ocean
- Knowledge of operating mining, staking, or running validating node efforts
- Service Oriented Architecture and Microservices architecture
- Git version control, CI/CD with GitHub Actions
- A passion for learning
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage short term projects from conception to execution and power through setbacks with focus and determination
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback
- Comfortable with startup like environment
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, and collaboration).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.