The Software Engineer, Frontend is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the CTO, the Software Engineer, Frontend will be focused on building a world-class website for the Foundry’s mining and staking operations.
This position may allow for some remote work, but will also require onsite work in our office in Rochester, NY.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
- Develop and maintain the DCG Foundry mining and staking website. This includes:
- Front-end software development for the Bitcoin Mining pool and Staking Web Applications
- Ensure secure communications between the frontend and the backend via APIs
- Make sure all critical data points are accurately rendered and plotted and high performing
- Apply best UX/UI practices
- Develop Mobile applications for the mining and staking web applications
- Write documentation on how to maintain and troubleshoot the system.
- Remain in an on-call rotation with other engineers in the team to troubleshoot critical downtime.
- Work closely with product owners, project managers, other development teams, DevOps and infrastructure teams.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years professional experience in software engineering, software architecture, focused on frontend development
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about technology and interested in Bitcoin, blockchain, and tech entrepreneurship
- Strong understanding of web services, API, databases, I18N, Kafka, and data analysis & reporting
- Interest in researching topics related to digital assets, mining, and staking
- Have a working knowledge of databases and monitoring and alerting systems
- Self-starter, strong problem solving skills, and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Comfortable working in agile and lean project environments
- Working knowledge of Bitcoin mining and/or interest to learn development
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- React and React Native
- Material-UI, Bootstrap
- Ubuntu Linux system administration
- REST/HTTP, JSON/XML
- Mockup and charting tools such as Figma, InVision, Adobe/XD
- Cloud servers such as AWS, Azure, GCP and Digital Ocean
- Familiar with operating mining and staking
- Microservices architecture
- Git version control
- A passion for learning
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage short term projects from conception to execution and power through setbacks with focus and determination
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback
- Comfortable with startup like environment
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, and collaboration).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.