The Information Security Analyst role is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Head of Security, the Information Security Analyst will be responsible for a wide variety of Information Security tasks and implementing best practices.
This position may allow for some remote work, but will also require onsite work in our office in Rochester, NY.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
- Work with various teams in producing Information and Technical Security Policies, Standards, Processes and Procedures, and monitor the lifecycle of those documents to develop company-wide best practices and standards for Information Security.
- Assist in resolving and reducing Internal and External Audit Findings to ensure that all open and overdue observations are actioned timeously.
- Responsible for the maintenance of Enterprise Security Risk Management Process, ensuring that the relevant risk registers are managed effectively.
- Detect, record, report, and monitor technical security threats and vulnerabilities on an ongoing basis to ensure appropriate actions are taken to mitigate any possible risk that may impact the CIA of systems and data.
- Implementation and maintenance of technical security controls to protect all information assets according to their value to the organization.
- Responsible for recording, monitoring, and reporting security incidents.
- Identify, record, and communicate threats to and vulnerabilities in IT systems, applications, and data and recommend/implement countermeasures to mitigate the risks.
- Administration and implementation of Enterprise Security controls at an operational level ensuring compliance to Information Security Policies.
- Support the Cyber Security Incident Response Team by documenting forensics procedure steps, assessing the damage, and following through with remediation, mitigation and lessons learned.
- Work with the Technical Security Team and external Security vendors on various aspects of the Genesis Enterprise Security Program.
- Research Information- and Cyber Security trends and latest vulnerabilities, and report findings to corresponding stakeholders.
- Assist in the effective implementation of the IT Change Control Management Process to minimize any impact to the production environment.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant ISO certifications, or three years equivalent work experience
- Any information Security certification (CISSP, CISM, etc.)
- Knowledge of Information Security frameworks (SOC2, ISO27001, etc.)
- Experience with Information Security systems (SIEM, GRC, SOC, etc.)
- Knowledge of Risk Management frameworks
- Experience with Threat Intelligence and corresponding tools and systems
- Solid understanding of public cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud, Alibaba Cloud, etc.
- Strong ability to create and update formal documentation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with an eye for detail
- Understanding of cryptocurrency ecosystem, blockchain/DLT engineering and smart contracts
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of network, cloud, web application, database, and mobile security
- Experience in cryptocurrency and/or Blockchain
- Experience in online gaming and/or large connected systems
- Ability to independently manage short term projects from conception to execution and power through setbacks with focus and determination
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, and collaboration).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.