The DevOps Engineer role is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the DevOps Manager, the DevOps Engineer will build and maintain the required tools, processes, and pipelines to support Foundry’s software development life cycles. These responsibilities include planning and implementing automated infrastructure and environment provisioning, build validation, deployment orchestration, and platform health monitoring and log aggregation. The DevOps Engineer will be an expert in Linux and containerization, is passionate about open-source technologies, and is motivated by automation, efficiency, transparency, maintainability, and reproducibility.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
- Develop and maintain both existing and new Foundry DevOps operations which include:
- Source code management
- Continuous integration and delivery
- Implementation of DevOps related automated deployment pipelines and orchestration.
- Ensure proper and relevant environments exist to support a ‘fail fast, fail often’ mentality to software development and delivery.
- Implement proper deployment and promotion strategies between different environments, i.e.) Development, Staging, Production.
- Implement telemetry and monitoring instrumentation through existing platforms.
- Design and maintaining company standards for software development and deployment practices.
- Detailed process documentation.
- Remain in an on-call rotation with fellow engineers within the team to assist with trouble shooting as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years professional experience in software development and/or DevOps engineering, with a clear understanding of DevOps processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration and deployment using industry standard tooling.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Strong knowledge of containerization, including Kubernetes and Docker platforms
- Solid experience and comfort with generalized programming and scripting languages and frameworks
- Solid understanding of relational and time series databases
- Solid understanding of public cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud, Alibaba Cloud, etc.
- Solid understanding of network concepts (switches, firewalls, load balancers, intrusion detection)
- Solid understanding of logging, monitoring, and alerting tools
- Experience with SDLC processes
- Git source control
- Passionate about technology and interested in Bitcoin, blockchain, and tech entrepreneurship.
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A passion for learning
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage short term projects from conception to execution and power through setbacks with focus and determination
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback
This position is open to candidates interested in working remote/hybrid, as well as candidates who desire to work at our physical work location in Rochester NY. For remote candidates we ask that you are within 300 miles of Rochester, NY.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, and collaboration).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.