The Engineer-Crypto Staking is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the CTO, the Staking Engineer will be focused on developing and maintaining Foundry’s staking operations.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
- Install and launch working nodes for proof of stake protocols
- Configure, write scripts, and test the staking nodes for self-staking and as a validator
- Document, maintain and monitor the nodes so they are fully operational 24x7
- Research new protocols and provide comprehensive reports and feedback
- Work with other engineers and lead and back up assigned protocols
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about technology and interested in various crypto assets, blockchain, and tech entrepreneurship
- Strong understanding of web services, databases, and data analysis
- Interest in researching topics related to digital assets, and staking
- Have a working knowledge of databases and monitoring systems
- Working knowledge of Proof of Stake and/or interest to learn development
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ubuntu Linux system administration
- Database Operations (SQL, NoSQL, Redis)
- Cloud servers such as Amazon AWS and Digital Ocean, Alibaba Cloud
- Experience in operating staking and running validating node efforts
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of servers and virtualization
- Automate deployment, validation, and quality control processes across our entire company
- Build services and infrastructure that help to automate the deployment of blockchain network infrastructure
- Knowledge of data protection, recovery, failover procedures
- Experience in containerizing modern applications such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with obtaining, maintaining, deploying server hardware
- Ability to implement and administer network infrastructure to servers
This position is open to candidates interested in working remote/hybrid, as well as candidates who desire to work at our physical work location in Rochester NY. For remote candidates we ask that you are within 300 miles of Rochester, NY.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, and collaboration).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.