The Data and is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the CTO, the Data and Reporting Engineer will help us with in-depth analysis, modeling s and engineering of DeFi and blockchains’ operational and business data.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
- Collect, research and analyze DeFi and Blockchain data
- Proposes and implements enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of these data systems over time.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of data in transfer and load to enterprise repositories.
- Establishes and maintains security and integrity of controls.
- Participates in the formulation and monitoring of policies, procedures and standards relating to data warehouse management.
- Works with multi-functional project team that will: analyze and document business requirements, perform complex data analysis and mapping, and support end-user acceptance testing to support a variety of business intelligence, reporting, analytical and data visualization needs
- Organize data, and interpret trends and identify patterns
- Record and analyze statistics based on the research results and conduct further analysis based on the statistics
- Create reports and present data sets and information in a timely and compelling manner
- Work closely with crypto product managers, business analysts and engineers
- Proof of Stake
- Understand internal data practices in order to identify gaps and areas of inefficiencies
- Collaborate cross-functionally in order to coordinate and streamline data collection processes
- Write scripts that automate accounting / data processes
- Interface closely with Labs team members to understand Foundry’s staking business
- Lead scripting and scraping projects from Proof-of-Stake protocol web pages in order to prepare data sets for modeling
- Generate models including, but not limited to, linear regression, logistic regression, k-NN, Monte-Carlo Simulation, and Natural Language processing (we’ll identify specific models based on your current knowledge and interests)
- Proof of Work
- Work with Business Team to identify key data points to capture and archive
- Refine data architecture to optimize for retrieval
- Improve resiliency and redundancy of data
- Refine tool to identify and document public data
- Work with Infrastructure Team to analyze infrastructure operational data
- Retrieve data and logs from various infrastructure systems including provisioning, orchestrating and monitoring systems
- Design and manage data lake and data marts for infrastructure data
- Develop reporting solutions and support infrastructure information gathering
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience in designing, building and implementing an ETL system and data mart that can support data that is either high in volume, fast in speed or has significant schema variability
- Experience with managing integration of data stores, quality and overall implementation
- Experience with data modeling, statistics, and visualization techniques, and ability to drill into the data and gain valuable insights
- Advanced proficiency in analytical or business intelligence tools and MS Office suite including Excel
- Experience in programming languages for data analysis such as Python, Scala, JS, SQL
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms and other fundamental concepts
- Knowledge of databases and Big data
- Interest in researching and analyzing topics related to DeFi and Blockchain
- Passionate about technology and interested in various crypto assets, blockchain, and tech entrepreneurship
- Experience in popular analytics tools such as QlikView, Tableau, Splunk, BusinessObjects
- Experience in data analytics programming languages, ex. Python, Scala, SQL, JS, or R, and Linux operating system
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of REST/HTTP, JSON/XML
- Skilled in basic Data engineering skills such as extract, transform, and load
- Working Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform/AWS/Azure
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage short term projects from conception to execution and power through setbacks with focus and determination
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback
This position is open to candidates interested in working remote/hybrid, as well as candidates who desire to work at our physical work location in Rochester NY. For remote candidates we ask that you are within 300 miles of Rochester, NY.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, and collaboration).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.