The NOC Engineer is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Director of Network Operations, the NOC Engineer will work directly with the Infrastructure team, looking for new ways to automate, improve, and optimize Foundry’s Network.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
- Working directly with the Infrastructure team, looking for new ways to automate, improve, and optimize Foundry’s Network
- Proactively identifying and developing solutions/resolutions to improve the overall functionality of Foundry’s services
- Creating custom reports to identify areas of improvement
- Creating custom reports and dashboards to showcase the value of Foundry’s services
- Maintain communication to ensure accountability is clear and expectations are set
- Utilize ticketing system to document work performed so that we can analyze trends in reported issues
- Create scripts to automate tasks and optimize efficiency
- Liaise with engineering team to remediate issues with internal systems
- Fulfill project implementation tasks assigned
- Maintain and upgrade Foundry’s managed services offerings with include, but are not limited to managed endpoint security, monitoring, patching, and cloud services
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant background
- 3-5 years of IT experience (hardware support and Linux Server Administration)
- Detail oriented, ability to follow established policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to evolve and quickly learn new technologies
- Experience using Wireshark and NMAP
- Scripting knowledge in Bash, Python, and other languages
- VPN setup and maintenance experience
- Understanding of Antivirus and Antimalware Software
- Understanding of Networking protocols, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WAN, LAN, WLAN, SNMP
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interest/Experience in cryptocurrency and/or Blockchain
- Ability to think outside the box
- Collaboration mindset
- Documentation experience
- Desire to learn
This position is open to candidates interested in working remote/hybrid, as well as candidates who desire to work at our physical work location in Rochester NY. For remote candidates we ask that you are within 300 miles of Rochester, NY.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, and collaboration).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.