The Marketing and Communications Manager is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Marketing and Communications Manager will develop and execute Foundry’s global marketing strategy for new and existing product and service offerings, across all relevant channels.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
- Oversee the organization’s marketing efforts via the development of a rich content/editorial calendar.
- Define and execute marketing communications strategies and plans for key initiatives.
- In partnership with key stakeholders, create and post/publish content in a timely and thoughtful manner.
- Research and test new communication and outreach tools (e.g., emerging media platforms, tech-specific platforms) digital media, community outreach, and participation in key trade shows and events
- Help develop our conference and sponsorship strategy and book relevant speaking engagements, propose specific investments, partnerships, and opportunities
- Establish a sustainable, strategic approach to PR based on adding value to media outlets and event managers
- Support ad-hoc projects to ensure copy and content is consistent with company voice and branding
- Craft briefings, emails, reports, and speeches for Foundry leadership as needed
- Manage external PR relationships with third party firms and PR representatives from Foundry’s clients
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- College degree in a related field preferred (Marketing, Communications, BA, BS)
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in strategic marketing; prior experience in the start-up/high-growth technology and/or financial services sector strongly preferred
- Experience in public relations, corporate communication, and content marketing
- Personal passion for crypto is a bonus
- Excels in the use of effective storytelling and utilizes advanced writing skills across multiple platforms (e.g. social media, PR, website, collateral) to create engagement.
- Can quickly come up to speed on new products and services to develop/support the public launch strategy
- Sincere commitment to working collaboratively with multiple stakeholder groups
- Strong track record as an implementer who can manage multiple concurrent projects
This position is open to candidates interested in working remote/hybrid, as well as candidates who desire to work at our physical work location in Rochester NY. For remote candidates we ask that you are within 300 miles of Rochester, NY.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, and collaboration).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.