The Senior Director of Digital and Product Marketing is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Senior Director will develop and execute Foundry’s global marketing strategy for new and existing product and service offerings, across all relevant channels. This individual will be responsible for a team of 6+ marketing specialists, overall budget, and the management of multiple PR and branding agencies.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
This position is based at Foundry HQ in Rochester, NY. Remote applicants will not be considered.
- Drive overall brand awareness for the Foundry brand and product/service lines.
- Oversee the organization’s marketing efforts via the development of a rich content/editorial calendar.
- Define and execute marketing communications strategies and plans for key initiatives.
- In partnership with key stakeholders, create and post/publish content in a timely and thoughtful manner.
- Research and test new communication and outreach tools (e.g., emerging media platforms, tech-specific platforms) digital media, community outreach, and participation in key trade shows and events
- Help develop our conference and sponsorship strategy and book relevant speaking engagements, propose specific investments, partnerships, and opportunities
- Establish a sustainable, strategic approach to PR based on adding value to media outlets and event managers
- Support ad-hoc projects to ensure copy and content is consistent with company voice and branding
- Craft briefings, emails, reports, and speeches for Foundry leadership as needed
- Manage an existing marketing team of 6+
- Manage external PR relationships with third party firms and PR representatives from Foundry’s clients
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- College degree in a related field preferred (Marketing, Communications, BA, BS)
- Minimum of 15 years of work experience in strategic marketing; prior experience in the start-up/high-growth technology and/or financial services sector strongly preferred
- Experience in public relations, corporate communication, and content marketing
- Personal passion for crypto is a bonus
- Excels in the use of effective storytelling and utilizes advanced writing skills across multiple platforms (e.g. social media, PR, website, collateral) to create engagement.
- Can quickly come up to speed on new products and services to develop/support the public launch strategy
- Sincere commitment to working collaboratively with multiple stakeholder groups
- Strong track record as an implementer who can manage multiple concurrent projects
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
General office environment with perks! (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, weekly company meetings, regular team outings and events, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.