The Crypto Mining Software Engineer- Intern is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the CTO, the Crypto Mining Software Engineer- Intern will be focused on creating and building the software stack for Foundry’s mining and staking operations.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
- Collaborate with Foundry’s team members to design, develop, and deploy production ready software.
- Develop real-time API’s that support Foundry’s internal and external stakeholders.
- Make key architecture and development decisions in large scale distributed systems.
- Create monitoring solutions for Foundry’s mining and staking projects.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
- Identify new opportunities to maximize Proof-of-Work and Proof-of-Stake rewards.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2nd Year Sophomore, 3rd Year Junior, 4th Year Junior/Senior, 5th Year Senior, 6th Year Masters
- At least 2 years of coursework complete in an undergraduate program with a focus on computer science or related field.
- Strong understanding of API development, microservices, databases, and data analysis.
- Is passionate about technology and interested in blockchain, Bitcoin, or other cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum 2.0, Horizen, Polkadot.
- Interest in researching topics related to digital assets and mining + staking.
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of REST API’s and microservices.
- Skilled in basic database operations (C.R.U.D) using SQL or NoSQL.
- Working knowledge of AWS’s products such as Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, etc.
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals i.e. object-oriented design, data structures, software architecture design.
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude.
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful.
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to independently manage short term projects from conception to execution and power through setbacks with focus and determination.
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency.
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
In order to keep our employees safe, Foundry has implemented an office protocol that requires all employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. However, Foundry will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.