The Accounting Analyst is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Analyst will be able to make a real impact and assist with financial reporting and analysis.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
- Support daily and monthly accounting operations in:
- Maintaining the general ledger
- Recording revenue
- Managing cash
- Accounts payable
- Accrued expenses
- Amortization of pre-paid expenses
- Fair value measurement of digital assets
- Recognized unrealized and realized gains and losses
- Capitalization of eligible expenses related to equipment
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of digital assets and cash accounts
- Assist with external audits
- Assist with special finance-related projects
- Support the Controller in ad hoc tasks
- Maintain process documentation and look for opportunities to automate and improve processes
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a similar accounting role
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required (CPA preferred)
- Knowledge of accounting principles, policies and practices
- Working knowledge of internal control
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The following would be a plus!
- Experience at a financial services company or tech company
- Interest in Bitcoin, blockchain, and tech entrepreneurship
- Experience working in a startup - high sense of urgency, ambiguous environment
- Capable off facilitating timely payments of invoices while ensuring accuracy
- Multitask and manage/prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Analytical thinker that can work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with and/or knowledge of digital currencies preferred but not required
- Proficient in Excel
- Systems savvy / technology enthusiast - an ability to understand the flow of financial information through systems and ability to apply technology to improve processes
- Understands General Ledger and is knowledgeable about Chart of Accounts and where it flows within Financial Statements
- Deep technical expertise and insight; knowledgeable and curious
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
In order to keep our employees safe, Foundry has implemented an office protocol that requires all employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. However, Foundry will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.