Founder Shield / Scale Underwriting is seeking an enthusiastic and conscientious Claims Advocate to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is diligent, knowledgeable in insurance coverage forms, and a skilled communicator. If you are curious and a team player, this is your opportunity to join a like-minded company that values what you have to say and is interested in your success here as much as you do. If you have the skills, energy, and determination to reimagine a better way to work in insurance, this is the place for you!
- You possess a good work ethic and accept accountability for your work
- You are analytical and detail-oriented
- You possess strong organizational and time management skills
- You are an advocate, and able to deliver on customer service while managing expectations in a time-sensitive or stressful environment
- You are experienced in claims adjusting or knowledgeable through industry experience and/or coursework
- You are knowledgeable in insurance coverage forms and claim adjudication processes, or thirsty to learn
JD, Professional Designations, or insurance claims-related work experience preferred.
- Review and evaluate claims information, consult on relevant coverages and policy information, and liaise with clients on strategy for communicating and reporting
- Tender claims, and diligently track and follow up with key parties regularly and as needed
- Comfortably and proactively collaborate with clients, claim professionals, insurers, vendors, TPA’s and counsel throughout the life of a claim on a variety of claims
- Conduct and coordinate meetings with key parties, including clients, insurers, vendors, and counsel, as needed, to discuss and come to solutions on substantive and procedural issues
- Compile, evaluate and present claims data and trends to the Founder Shield and Scale team as necessary
- Maintain a diary system to keep track of, and timely follow up on all claims to ensure best claims handling practices and first in class experience for our clients
This is a full-time position and reports to the Claims Manager.
- Competitive compensation package
- An opportunity to work with smart, enterprising, and supportive colleagues at a company with massive scalability and growth opportunities
- Hybrid WFH, remote work, and vacation policies
- Employer-sponsored Digital Health, Medical, Prescription, Health Savings Accounts, Dental, Disability, EAP, and 401k benefits
- 2021 Additional Elected Benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts, Vision, Voluntary Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Identity theft, Pet insurance, Commuter Benefits (parking and mass transit), Advocacy programs (benefit wallet, healthcare concierge, medical bill review services), and Virtual health visits (virtual sick visits and mental health visits)