Found is a modern weight care platform and community focused on integrated support. According to a recent CDC study, nearly 50% of Americans want to lose weight, and on average, Americans have gained 30 lbs during the pandemic. But the existing weight loss industry focuses on shame - if you don’t have the willpower to eat less and workout more, you aren’t trying hard enough.
Modern science shows us that weight care is complex - food and movement are important, but so are hormones, genetics, sleep, stress, mental health, and daily habits. Found's unique approach incorporates resources and tools for behavior changes, a digital app with guided programming, an online community, and if indicated, medical and prescription solutions.
Research shows that addressing weight health reduces the long-term risk of diabetes, heart disease, and some forms of cancer. We believe in giving our community tools that will help them add years to their lives and reach their goals. We believe it’s not just what you’ve lost, it’s what you’ve Found. Found has raised more than $130mm from leading investors, including Atomic, GV, WestCap, IVP, TCG, Define Ventures and more.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to help drive the next iteration of Found’s engineering systems. Our engineering team is built in a vertical pod design and staff software engineers are the glue that holds these pods together - providing architectural guidance and ensuring that we all continue to grow in the same direction by designing and developing the underpinning systems and services that everyone uses. The ideal candidate for this role is a technical polyglot who has deep experience across a wide range of technologies and disciplines. They have an instinctual desire to know how everything works - and will dive deep into a wide variety of systems to understand what makes them tick.
This engineer will primarily work with our Platform team to build the technical foundations of our engineering systems used across all teams. They will provide guidance on architecture and rely on their previous experience to help see around corners. While this is a fully IC role who will be hands on keyboard most of their day - they will also be a technical mentor for other engineers, actively helping to promote our culture of learning and teamwork.
What You’ll Do
- Work with other engineering team leaders to identify shared technical needs and design, architect, and write services and systems to solve them
- Work with the Head of Engineering and other engineering team leaders to design an architecture roadmap that aligns with the product growth so we are building the right systems at the right scale at the right time (or as close to it as we can!)
- Write the code! This role is primarily hands on and will be in the code the vast majority of their day
- Be a mentor to engineers across the engineering organization helping to build a consistent approach to technical architectures and quality in everything we build
- Help build Found’s engineering culture and processes - at our size it's critically important to focus not only on what we are building, but how we are building it
What You'll Bring
- 8+ years of professional software engineering experience working fullstack across web and mobile applications
- Strong knowledge of how to design distributed systems and break apart architectures into iterative blocks instead of large waterfall projects
- Experience designing and developing B2B products through a high growth phase
- A talent for mentoring other engineers and a driving technical discussions and debates in a positive and constructive way
- An instinctive desire to write quality code, the humility to understand and improve existing code, and the judgment to make tradeoffs between elegance and efficiency
- Full stack experience working with Node.js and React/React Native
- Deep DevOps experience in AWS, Kubernetes, and an IAC like Pulumi or Terraform
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: telehealth, behavioral health, social networks or gaming
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- PTO, company-paid holidays, parental leave
- 401K, wellness and wifi perks
- Flexible, remote-first work culture
Found is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek and celebrate diversity in its many forms. If you’re excited about this opportunity but do not meet 100% of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
Please review our CCPA policies.