Forward Networks is revolutionizing the way large networks are managed. The Forward Enterprise platform delivers a vendor-agnostic "digital twin" of the network, based on a mathematical model. The platform scales to support hundreds of thousands of network devices, whether cloud, hybrid cloud, or on-prem. It serves as a single source of truth for the network, enabling network operators to instantly verify security posture, accelerate troubleshooting, avoid outages, and modernize network management.
Over the past few years, Forward Networks has received tremendous industry recognition, including “Cool Vendor in Enterprise Networking” by Gartner, “Product of the Year” by Cloud Computing, “Enterprise Cloud Computing Software of the Year,” and has been named to Fortune’s 2022 “Best Workplaces in the Bay Area” list.
The company was founded by four Stanford PhD graduates who saw a massive opportunity to improve network operations. Investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Threshold Ventures, and Goldman Sachs.
Forward Networks is currently seeking a Software Engineer in Infrastructure to help us develop and improve both our product and our continuous testing infrastructure. The work will involve working with CI/CD pipelines, building and testing deployments in various environments (hypervisors, cloud, bare metal); and generally improving our testing and release infrastructure.
- At least 3 years of industry experience and a BS in Computer Science (or similar degree)
- Experience with containerization concepts and tooling (Docker)
- Experience with container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins or similar)
- Excellent knowledge of Linux/UNIX systems operation and troubleshooting
- Experience with virtualization technologies like VMware vSphere and KVM
- Experience with scripting languages like Python or Bash
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience with cloud environments, such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with monitoring tools (Grafana, Splunk, etc.)