This role will focus the DOD: Army and Air Force as part of our Federal team. Clearance desired
Forward Networks is revolutionizing the way large networks are managed. Forward's advanced software delivers a "digital twin" of the network, enabling network operators to verify intent, predict network behavior, avoid outages, and simplify network management.
Results? More reliable networks, reduced outages, and reduced business risk.
Headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, and named a Gartner "Cool Vendor in Enterprise Networking" in 2018, Forward Networks was founded by 4 Stanford PhD graduates who were pioneers in software-defined networking (SDN). Investors include Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ and Goldman Sachs.
Forward Networks is looking for an experienced Federal Regional DOD Sales Director:
- Do want to create a category and help build a special company?
- Do you want to sell a platform that solves real networking problems?
- Do sensible quotas and no cap on earnings pique your interest?
- Join a company that has been in market 3+ years and has some of the top F500/Global 2000 and Federal agencies already buying and referenceable.
- If you have 7-10 years of wildly successful experience selling to large enterprises or the federal government and have also been on the journey of building an early stage company...you may be the one!
- We are building a special team and hope you consider us if you want to have the experience of changing the networking world as we know it.
- Own the development and execution of your sales strategy in territory that aligns with the company’s goals and objectives
- Identify and qualify leads, and generate new Fortune 1000 opportunities in order to achieve quota on a quarterly and annual basis and generate new DOD opportunities
- Build strategic working relationships with clients, maintaining a high level of face-to-face contact
- Analyze potential sales opportunities by using data analysis and segmented research to identify the attributes most valued by our potential clients
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and maintain a client database
- Maintain a high level of product and industry knowledge
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of at least 3x revenue target
- Clearly explain the value proposition and goals of the Forward Networks solution
- Clearance desired
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 7-10 years in Fed DOD Sales with a strong preference for Army and Air Force experience
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding quota in technology sales
- Deep understanding of the networking and security industry, products, competitors, history, emerging trends and changing marketplace.
- Experience in selling Enterprise software with an ARR model preferred
- Must be able to communicate business and technical value to all levels of management
- Prior experience managing a sales team a plus
- Excellent communication and listening skills; persuasive
- Background in IT infrastructure