Forward Financing has been one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Boston for the past three years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal, Inc. Magazine, and Deloitte Fast 500. We help small businesses spend less time finding capital and more time helping their customers and growing their businesses. Our mission is to create a world-class fintech company so that our customers and our people can reach their full potential. We accomplish this by investing in our people, technology, and customer experience – with long-term success in mind. Forward Financing strives to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion so that each employee feels comfortable bringing their authentic self to work.
About the Role:
As a Software Engineer, you will be developing and architecting robust and scalable modern web solutions, partnering with leadership and product to solve complex business problems, creating ways to advance our technology suite, and implementing best engineering practices.
- Build new solutions to drive sustainable and measurable value to the business by:
- Developing web applications, libraries, systems integrations and microservices
- Partnering closely with your product owner to define the technical requirements and implementation plan to satisfy the business objectives
- Actively contribute to the simplification, security, and fortification of the platform by:
- Finding solutions to increase the testability, engineering ease and extendibility of services across the ecosystem
- Developing components that are well-designed, documented and tested, with a design that matches the desired architecture of the system
- Increase the productivity, predictability and throughput of the technology team by:
- Participating in, following and improving our development process
- Using good judgment when evaluating tradeoffs between speed, quality and cost
- Embracing and sharing best practices, domain knowledge, documentation and learning
- Contribute to the Forward Financing culture and serving as a positive ambassador for the technology team
Requirements (Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply) :
- Experience designing and developing distributed systems
- Strong communication skills among engineers and stakeholders
- Experience providing technical mentorship
About our Engineering Culture:
We are a close knit group that embodies curiosity and collaboration. We check our egos at the door as we greet each other good morning over slack to start our day. We look forward to our weekly ‘Code and Coffee’ sessions to discuss ideas, despite a select few that choose not to drink coffee (it happens). When we’re not hands to keyboard, we’re an eclectic group of woodworkers, musicians, artists, gardeners, gamers, home chefs, athletes and outdoor enthusiasts. Help us add to this list and come join us!
Forward Financing Core Values:
- People First – We build relationships and genuinely care about each other.
- We Before Me – We prioritize team success over individual success.
- Be Candid – We are authentic, transparent, and direct.
- Do the Right Thing – We act with integrity and we don’t cut corners.
- Relentless Improvement – We push ourselves, never settling for the best we did yesterday.
- Be Positive – We are optimistic, assume positive intent.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based fintech company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. With a simple online application, business owners can trust that Forward Financing works to get them approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $1 billion in financing to more than 26,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. Forward Financing has been consistently named by Boston Business Journal and Built in Boston as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward Financing actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We are committed to creating a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By embracing diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 100 people, located in the heart of Boston’s Financial District. Our employees come to work knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with a flexible time off policy, 401k match, gym reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
When we aren’t busy with a Zoom meeting, supporting our customers, or working on a project, you can likely find us taking part in a scavenger hunt, getting overly competitive in a trivia game, or celebrating our team wins together!