LAUNCH YOUR CAREER: FORWARD787 STYLE
Skip the “entry-level” “grunt-work,” and start making a real impact on Day 1. As part of the Forward787 Launch program, you’ll find unparalleled opportunities to make a real impact and advance your career – fast.
Already know where you want your career to go? Looking to explore some options first? (“All of the above” is a perfectly valid answer.)
As a portfolio of digital companies, Red Ventures offers the unique opportunity to gain valuable experience across a multitude of roles, teams, and even industries. Our business leaders and mentors are hyper-focused on defining personalized career paths for our talent – setting you up to unlock enormous potential within the first few years of your career.
For approximately 18 to 24 months, you’ll be at Red Ventures’ world-class Charlotte, NC headquarters. You’ll immerse yourself and build knowledge across business areas, you’ll drive performance, develop solutions, and see your impact firsthand. After your time in Charlotte, you'll get to apply knowledge and skills to drive significant business results for Forward787 businesses in Puerto Rico and create real change for the Island by setting a high bar for operational excellence.
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
Design, build, and maintain tools and systems to be used by millions of customers around the globe.
As a Software Engineer at Red Ventures, you’ll drive the growth and development of customer-facing websites, social API integrations, and proprietary digital marketing technologies. You’ll collaborate with our award-winning teams to implement, test, and improve our products, while ensuring top quality and consistency across various applications within our platform.
- Graduating in Spring 2020
- A strong desire and commitment to help rebuild Puerto Rico's economy**
- Recent, hands-on experience in software design and backend coding (internships, work experience, or side projects highly preferred)
- Previous experience with automated build and unit-testing platforms
- Ability to architect and develop web-based applications and components for high-traffic consumer-facing websites
- Intellectual curiosity with a desire to work with large data sets and compelling business challenges
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; comfortable translating between “business-speak” and “tech-speak”
- Strategic mindset, ability to quickly prioritize business needs and conceptualize creative and effective technology solutions
- Scrappy, tenacious, and self-motivated
- BUT - also a team player with no ego, a competitive spirit, and great sense of humor
- Passionate about working in a dynamic, fast-paced, performance-driven environment
- A strong desire and commitment to get better every day- with a constant thirst for learning
- Fluent in English and preferred fluency in Spanish (speaking and writing)
- Great sense of humor (yes, it’s worth saying twice)
Sound like you? Apply now!
*We put that in bold because we really mean it.
** Whoa, that must be REALLY important.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a world-class employee experience:
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Untracked PTO and flexible working schedules
- Top medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Subsidized meals at our onsite cafes, smoothie bars and coffee bars
- Free onsite fitness classes, premier wellness center, spin studio, basketball court, bowling alley, and yoga studio
- Casual dress code
ABOUT RED VENTURES:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar U.S. marketing and technology company, co-founded by Puerto Rican CEO, Ric Elias. We own top brands like bankrate.com, creditcards.com, and The Points Guy, and our businesses span a variety of industries including telecom, financial services, healthcare, and energy. We marry the speed of a start-up, DNA of a digital agency, strategic thinking of a consultancy, and analytical skills of a big data company. Red Ventures is headquartered in the Charlotte, NC metro area and has more than 3,500 employees in offices across the US, Brazil, and London.
Forward787, powered by Red Ventures, is committed to boosting Puerto Rico's economy by employing top talent and developing cutting-edge technology-based companies in the Island. Our plan is to catalyze Puerto Rico's economic revitalization through investments in human capital, and technology. Our movement seeks people who want to explore, experience, and excel professionally for an ambitious cause.