As an Editor you’ll assign, edit and publish content for a variety of digital brands. The ideal candidate is passionate about great content, knowledgeable of SEO best practices and enjoys a fast-paced work environment. You will be responsible for creating, assigning and editing content that answers key questions and empowers readers to make smart decisions. The Associate Editor will help manage end-to-end content production: from outline creation, assignment, editing, and publishing.
Red Ventures content teams are creatively challenged everyday to deliver content that supports our businesses, drives brand value, and ensures a great user experience. If you’re seeking an opportunity where you get to clearly see your day-to-day impact, then look no further.
You’ll be at Red Ventures’ world-class Charlotte, NC headquarters where you’ll immerse yourself and build knowledge across business areas, drive performance, develop solutions, and see your impact firsthand. After your time in Charlotte, you'll get to apply knowledge and skills to drive significant business results for Forward787 businesses in Puerto Rico and create real change for the Island by setting a high bar for operational excellence.
What You'll Do:
- Concept, assign and edit 30-40 articles per month.
- Create clear assignment outlines for articles, product pages, guides, how-to tutorials, and data rich editorial pieces.
- Write 2-3 articles per month, when required.
- Independently handle an assignment from specification, through initial review, copy edit, design and publication.
- Understand the complete content cycle: the best story, the strongest angle and voice
- Use data to inform content creation
- Pitch ideas regularly, stay informed on coverage in your respective area and research blogs/outlets
- Coach internal writers, source and onboard high-caliber freelancers and contributors
- Collaborate with business teams to align content creation with business goals
- Collaborate with design to deliver the best story-telling experience
- Track/monitor content performance: reach, engagement, sessions. Fine-tune and test.
What We're Looking For:
- Strong command of English language
- At least 2 years of editing experience
- Experience working with a CMS
- Experience writing and editing for SEO
- Excellent time management skills
- Command of AP style
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Forward787, powered by Red Ventures, is committed to boosting Puerto Rico's economy by employing top talent and developing cutting-edge technology-based companies in the Island. Our plan is to catalyze Puerto Rico's economic revitalization through investments in human capital, and technology. Our movement seeks people who want to explore, experience, and excel professionally for an ambitious cause.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar U.S. marketing and technology company, co-founded by Puerto Rican CEO, Ric Elias. We own top brands like bankrate.com, creditcards.com, and The Points Guy, and our businesses span a variety of industries including telecom, financial services, healthcare, and energy. We marry the speed of a start-up, DNA of a digital agency, strategic thinking of a consultancy, and analytical skills of a big data company. Red Ventures is headquartered in the Charlotte, NC metro area and has more than 3,500 employees in offices across the US, Brazil, and London.
At Red Ventures we believe that diversity makes us stronger - at work and in the world. Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.