WHAT'S THE ROLE:
Design, build, and maintain tools and systems to be used by millions of customers around the globe.
As a Software Engineer at Red Ventures, you’ll drive the growth and development of customer-facing websites, social API integrations, and proprietary digital marketing technologies. You’ll collaborate with our award-winning teams to implement, test, and improve our products, while ensuring top quality and consistency across various applications within our platform.
- Graduating in Winter 2019 or Spring 2020
- Recent, hands-on experience in software design and backend coding (internships, work experience, or side projects highly preferred)
- Previous experience with automated build and unit-testing platforms
- Ability to architect and develop web-based applications and components for high-traffic consumer-facing websites
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; comfortable translating between “business-speak” and “tech-speak”
- Strategic mindset, ability to quickly prioritize business needs and conceptualize creative and effective technology solutions
- Scrappy, tenacious, and self-motivated team player coupled with a competitive spirit, no ego, and a great sense of humor
- The passion and drive to be a catalyst in a dynamic, ambiguous, fast-paced, and high-pressure environment
- A strong desire and commitment to get better every day – with a constant thirst to continue learning
For approximately 18 to 24 months, you’ll be at Red Ventures's world-class Charlotte, NC headquarters. Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar tech company founded by Puerto Rican CEO Ric Elias. Participants will report to experts at Red Ventures and will be part of a cohort of professionals who will work full time while taking advantage of rich training and development experiences, including support from current Forward787 employees. Upon completing your time at Red Ventures, you’ll take those skills back to a Forward787 business in Puerto Rico. Compensation will be competitive based on the Charlotte market, including a generous benefits package.
Forward787, a division of Red Ventures, is committed to building businesses in Puerto Rico that compete with the world’s top companies. We plan to catalyze Puerto Rico's economic revitalization through investments in human capital, technology and business modernization. Forward787 is a movement for people who believe Puerto Rico can attract top talent and build world-class companies. In parallel with launching and investing in new businesses, Forward787 and Red Ventures will equip Puerto Rican professionals with cutting edge business and technical skills.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar U.S. marketing and technology company, founded by Puerto Rican CEO, Ric Elias. We own top brands like bankrate.com, creditcards.com and The Points Guy and our businesses span a variety of industries including telecom, financial services, healthcare and energy. We marry the speed of a start-up, the DNA of a digital agency, the strategic thinking of a consultancy and the analytical skills of a big data company. Red Ventures is headquartered in the Charlotte, NC metro area and has more than 3,500 employees in offices across the US as well as in Brazil and London.