As a Forward787 Data Engineer, you will develop the technical and business foundation to turn your passion for technology into real-world advancements for Red Ventures's partners and proprietary brands. You’ll be a key part of building our data infrastructure; this includes using Spark for streaming applications and/or as an ETL tool, Data Aggregation, User Defined Functions, and using the Spark UI to analyze behavior and performance. Strong candidates for Forward787, powered by Red Ventures, will have robust technical training and experience or demonstrated a passion for technology, an astounding work ethic, and a commitment to revitalizing Puerto Rico’s economy.
What We're Looking For:
- Spark, working in RDDs and DataFrames/Datasets API (with emphasis on DataFrames) to query and perform data manipulation
- Spark Structured Streaming
- Experience building large scale Spark applications, ideally with either Batch processing and/or Streaming processing
- Scala would be ideal but a solid knowledge of Java is also acceptable
- Experience in SparkSQL (Broadcast Joins)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience with ANSI SQL relational database (Oracle, SQL, Postgres, MySQL)
- Linux common working knowledge, including navigating through the file system and simple bash scripting
- General knowledge of distributed systems and distributed data processing frameworks
- A sense of humor and thirst for knowledge
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solvers who love to challenge themselves
- A plus, but not required: experience with Storm, Kafka, or Cassandra
For approximately 12 months, you’ll be at Red Ventures's world-class Charlotte, NC headquarters. Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar tech company founded by Puerto Rican CEO Ric Elias. Participants will report to experts at Red Ventures and will be part of a cohort of professionals who will work full time while taking advantage of rich training and development experiences, including support from current Forward787 employees. Upon completing your time at Red Ventures, you’ll take those skills back to a Forward787 business in Puerto Rico. Compensation will be competitive based on the Charlotte market, including a generous benefits package.
Whether you’re an aspiring technology professional or a seasoned engineer with deep skills in one or more technical areas, Forward787 will activate your engineering management and tech guru development journey.
Forward787, powered by Red Ventures, is committed to boosting Puerto Rico's economy by employing top talent and developing cutting-edge technology-based companies in the Island. Our plan is to catalyze Puerto Rico's economic revitalization through investments in human capital, and technology. Our movement seeks people who want to explore, experience, and excel professionally for an ambitious cause.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar U.S. marketing and technology company, founded by Puerto Rican CEO, Ric Elias. We own top brands like bankrate.com, creditcards.com and The Points Guy and our businesses span a variety of industries including telecom, financial services, healthcare and energy. We marry the speed of a start-up, the DNA of a digital agency, the strategic thinking of a consultancy and the analytical skills of a big data company. Red Ventures is headquartered in the Charlotte, NC metro area and has more than 3,500 employees in offices across the US as well as in Brazil and London.