Forward787, a division of Red Ventures, is committed to building businesses in Puerto Rico that compete with the world’s top companies. We plan to catalyze Puerto Rico's economic revitalization through investments in human capital, technology and business modernization. Forward787 is a movement for people who believe Puerto Rico can attract top talent and build world-class companies. In parallel with launching and investing in new businesses, Forward787 and Red Ventures will equip Puerto Rican professionals with cutting edge business and technical skills.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar U.S. marketing and technology company, founded by Puerto Rican CEO, Ric Elias. We own top brands like bankrate.com, creditscards.com and The Points Guy and our businesses span a variety of industries including telecom, financial services, healthcare and energy. We marry the speed of a start-up, the DNA of a digital agency, the strategic thinking of a consultancy and the analytical skills of a big data company. Red Ventures is headquartered in the Charlotte, NC metro area and has more than 3,500 employees in offices across the US as well as in Brazil and London.
WHAT’S THE ROLE?
Forward787 targets high performing individuals who have demonstrated a track record of success through educational and internship performance. All techs are hired in our office in Charlotte, NC and will benefit from our thorough group on-boarding and training, company sponsored events, and continued training and leadership development. Even as a new Engineer, you’ll have daily exposure to our Tech Leadership team and benefit from their unparalleled experiences.
You will have responsibilities in the most critical aspects of our rapidly growing businesses. Your first 12 to 18-month assignments will be at Red Ventures’ world-class Charlotte, NC headquarters. You’ll immerse yourself and build knowledge in different areas, you’ll drive performance, develop solutions, and see your impact firsthand. You will work on a wide array of projects ranging from customer facing websites and social API integrations to proprietary search marketing and data tools. Some responsibilities could include:
- Architect and develop web-based applications and components for high-traffic consumer-facing websites
- Collaborate with business leaders and analysts to determine business requirements and rapidly translate them into creative, executable and effective solutions
- Work with automated build and unit testing platforms
- Maintain your own project timelines in a fast-paced environment
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Preferred 3.0 GPA or higher
- Preferred major in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or another related field
- A strong desire and commitment to help rebuild Puerto Rico's struggling economy by moving back to Puerto Rico to start or work at a startup or growing company after program graduation
- Recent experience in hands-on software design and backend coding through internships, work experience, or side projects is highly preferred
- Object Oriented Programming and software design ability preferred (PHP, C#); able to develop systems that meet architectural objectives including reusable, scalable code
- Analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Creative problem solvers and quick learners
- Scrappy, tenacious, and self-motivated team player coupled with a competitive spirit, no ego, and a great sense of humor
- Willingness to hurl Nerf darts at your neighbor. Or your boss.
- The passion and drive to be a catalyst in a dynamic, ambiguous, fast-paced, and high-pressure environment
- A strong desire and commitment to get better every day – with a constant thirst to continue learning
- Fluent in English and preferred fluency in Spanish (speaking and writing)
- Did we mention a great sense of humor?