Forward787, a division of Red Ventures, is committed to building businesses in Puerto Rico that compete with the world’s top companies. We plan to catalyze Puerto Rico's economic revitalization through investments in human capital, technology and business modernization. Forward787 is a movement for people who believe Puerto Rico can attract top talent and build world-class companies. In parallel with launching and investing in new businesses, Forward787 and Red Ventures will equip Puerto Rican professionals with cutting edge business and technical skills.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar U.S. marketing and technology company, founded by Puerto Rican CEO, Ric Elias. We own top brands like bankrate.com, creditscards.com and The Points Guy and our businesses span a variety of industries including telecom, financial services, healthcare and energy. We marry the speed of a start-up, the DNA of a digital agency, the strategic thinking of a consultancy and the analytical skills of a big data company. Red Ventures is headquartered in the Charlotte, NC metro area and has more than 3,500 employees in offices across the US as well as in Brazil and London.
WHAT’S THE ROLE?
Forward787 targets high performing individuals who have demonstrated a track record of success through educational and internship performance. All Associates are hired in our office in Charlotte, NC and will benefit from our thorough group on-boarding and training, company sponsored events, and continued training and leadership development. Even as a new Associate, you’ll have daily exposure to our executive team and benefit from their unparalleled experiences.
You will have responsibilities in the most critical aspects of our rapidly growing businesses. Your first 12 to 18-month assignments will be at Red Ventures’ world-class Charlotte, NC headquarters. You’ll immerse yourself and build knowledge in different areas, you’ll drive performance, develop solutions, and see your impact firsthand. Let’s be clear: you won’t just analyze the data – you’ll own the strategy and implementation of your work. (We put that in bold because we really mean it.) Based on your skill set and our business needs, you’ll focus in one of four areas below to start. Here’s what those concentration areas might look like:
- Digital Media: You’ll develop, execute, and manage strategies in every digital marketing channel that matters, including paid search, organic search, paid social, and email. We’ll give you access to cutting edge technologies and world-class platforms and give you the autonomy to meaningfully impact the bottom line. Deal? (Take the deal.)
- Business Operations: You’ll derive strategic insights from our digital marketing, user experience, and customer acquisition data to drive marketing investment and funnel optimization. Why? Because it’s your opportunity to directly impact business P&L. Also, because it’s pretty fun to be a big deal right out of school.
- Product: You’ll liaison between the business and the product engineering teams to help define and deliver proprietary technologies to our internal businesses and partners. When you’re done with all that, you’ll help define features and create product roadmaps. You’ll also learn more about tech than anyone in the history of the world.
- Data & Analytics: You’ll analyze consumer data sets within a range of industries to identify opportunities and solve business-critical problems throughout the organization. As if that weren’t exciting enough, you’ll also be tasked with synthesizing the data to provide recommendations to the business teams on different opportunities we should pursue. Look at you, practically running the company.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A strong analytical prowess and entrepreneurial mindset
- Preferred 3.2 GPA or higher
- A track record of success academically, in prior internships, and/or service programs
- Preferred major in analytically-oriented fields such as: Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Physics
- A strong desire and commitment to help rebuild Puerto Rico's struggling economy by moving back to Puerto Rico to start or work at a startup or growing company after program graduation
- Experience proactively taking ownership of critical initiatives, either on-campus or in previous internships
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to utilize your advanced quantitative skills with large data sets and compelling business challenges
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Scrappy, tenacious, and self-motivated team player coupled with a competitive spirit, no ego, and a great sense of humor
- The passion and drive to be a catalyst in a dynamic, ambiguous, fast-paced, and high-pressure environment
- A strong desire and commitment to get better every day – with a constant thirst to continue learning
- Fluent in English and preferred fluency in Spanish (speaking and writing)
- Did we mention a great sense of humor?