Technology Leadership Development Program (Multiple Levels)
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR COHORT 2: START DATE IN MARCH 2019
As a Forward787 Software Developer (all levels) or Software Engineering Manager, you will develop the technical and business foundation to turn your passion for technology into real world advancements for Red Ventures’ partners. You’ll learn how to architect and implement web applications using cutting edge technology solutions. You’ll drive the end-to-end experience, from the front-end layouts to the backend systems running in the cloud. Strong candidates will have robust technical training and experience or a demonstrated passion for technology, an astounding work ethic and a commitment to revitalizing Puerto Rico’s economy.
Your first 12 to 18-month leadership accelerator assignment will be at Red Ventures’ world-class Charlotte, NC headquarters. Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar tech company in Charlotte, NC, founded by Puerto Rican CEO Ric Elias. Participants will report to senior leaders at Red Ventures and will be part of a cohort of professionals who will work full time while taking advantage of rich training and development experiences, including support from the first cohort of Forward787 employees. Compensation will be competitive based on the Charlotte market, including a generous benefits package.
Whether you’re an aspiring technology professional or a seasoned engineer with deep skills in one technical area, Forward787 will activate your engineering management or tech guru development journey.
- Develop deep technical skills while leading projects driven by Red Ventures’ key business priorities
- Play a significant role in daily engineering responsibilities for one of Red Ventures’ rapidly growing business units
- Make decisions that affect all critical aspects of product development
- Immerse yourself in one of our product teams and drive daily performance, develop solutions and see them through as they are implemented
- Make formal presentations to senior leadership teams
- Participate in intense training and coursework during and outside regular business hours
What we’re looking for:
- A strong commitment to helping rebuild Puerto Rico's struggling economy by moving back to Puerto Rico to start or work at a startup or growing company after finishing the program
- A Bachelor’s degree with a strong record of academic success; preferred majors include analytical or technology-oriented disciplines (e.g. computer science, engineering, management information systems, economics, statistics, mathematics, etc.)
- A strong interest in technology
- Experience with in-depth problem solving, the ability to think strategically while being detail and execution-oriented, and success in managing competing priorities
- Comfort in a fast-paced and often changing environment
- Excellent communication, collaboration and writing skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit, incredible drive and agility
- Excitement about relocating to the Charlotte, NC area for 12 to 18 months
- A sense of humor!
What you may be doing:
- Work with user experience and creative teams to transform designs into living products
- Front-end development for our award-winning consumer-facing tools
- Develop modules to assist in A/B testing of different experiences based on data
- Back-end engineering to support fast, scalable, secure, and resilient applications that enable our business units to serve our millions of requests from customers
- Architect cloud-native systems using AWS that enable us to move fast, scale, and reduce operational costs
- Data engineering to build the infrastructure necessary for a platform in a data-driven environment
- Data science and analytics to support data-driven decisions in our digital marketing business
- Build tools and systems that foster a DevOps ecosystem in order to grow the agile development process
- Mitigate risks and vulnerabilities to secure our organization’s IT infrastructure
Skills you may develop:
- Object Oriented Programming and software design ability (Python, Go, PHP, C#, .NET core); able to develop systems that meet architectural objectives including reusable, scalable code
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL, and/or SQL Server databases
- Developing and supporting production quality APIs
- REST and/or SOAP APIs, HTTP Status Codes, Content Negotiation, API versioning, Caching
- Versioning systems such as Github, Bitbucket, or SVN
- Working in teams with Agile/Scrum/Kanban environments
- Security, Stability, Reliability, Scalability, Performance, Monitoring, Documentation
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or other cloud-based infrastructure platforms
- Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Event Driven Architecture, Microservices
- Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Integration Testing, Load Testing, Test Automation, Consumer Driven Contract Testing
Forward787, a division of Red Ventures, is committed to raising and deploying $100M to build businesses in Puerto Rico that compete with the world’s top companies. The funds raised will catalyze Puerto Rico's economic revitalization through investments in human capital, technology and business modernization. Forward787 is a movement for people who believe Puerto Rico can attract top talent and build world-class companies. In parallel with launching and investing in new businesses, Forward787 and Red Ventures to equip the selected candidates with cutting edge business and technical skills.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar U.S. marketing and technology company, founded by Puerto Rican CEO, Ric Elias. We own top brands like bankrate.com, creditscards.com and The Points Guy and our businesses span a variety of industries including telecom, financial services, healthcare and energy. We marry the speed of a start-up, the DNA of a digital agency, the strategic thinking of a consultancy, and the analytical skills of a big data company. Red Ventures is headquartered in the Charlotte, NC metro area and has more than 3,500 employees in offices across the US as well as in Brazil and London.