Technology Leadership Rotational Program (Multiple Levels)
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR COHORT 2: START DATE IN 2019
Whether you’re an aspiring technology professional or a seasoned engineer with deep skills in one technical area, Forward787 will activate your engineering management development journey. Your first 18-month leadership accelerator assignment will be with at Red Ventures, a multi-billion-dollar tech company in Charlotte, NC. Strong candidates will have robust technical training and experience or a demonstrated passion for technology, an astounding work ethic and a commitment to revitalizing Puerto Rico’s economy. As a Senior Software Developer or Director of Software Engineering, you will develop the technical and business foundation to turn your passion for technology into real world advancements for Red Ventures partners. You’ll learn how to architect and implement authenticated applications for the web using cutting edge technology solutions. You’ll drive the end-to-end experience from the front-end layouts through the underlying user session controllers to the cloud architecture for continuous deployment. Participants will report to senior leaders at Red Ventures and will be part of a cohort of classmates who will work full time while taking advantage of rich training and development experiences.
Program participants will move to the Charlotte, NC metro area for an 18-month position that includes real-world work experience + intense technology training experience. Competitive compensation based on Charlotte, NC market and a generous benefits package including company-subsidized health insurance, an on-campus gym and world-class onsite cafes!
Learn more and sign-up for an info session at forward787.com.
Forward787 is social enterprise committed to raising and deploying $100M to build businesses in Puerto Rico that compete with the world’s top companies. The funds raised will catalyze Puerto Rico's economic revitalization through investments in human capital, technology and business modernization. Forward787 is a movement for people who believe Puerto Rico can attract top talent and build world-class companies. In parallel with launching and investing in new businesses, Forward787 will partner with Red Ventures to equip Puerto Rican professionals with cutting edge business and technical skills.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar U.S. marketing and technology company, founded by Puerto Rican CEO, Ric Elias. We own top brands like bankrate.com, creditscards.com and The Points Guy and our businesses span a variety of industries including telecom, financial services, healthcare and energy. We marry the speed of a start-up, the DNA of a digital agency, the strategic thinking of a consultancy, and the analytical skills of a big data company. Red Ventures is headquartered in the Charlotte, NC metro area and has more than 3,500 employees in offices across the US as well as in Brazil and London.
- Participate in three, six-month rotational assignments to develop deep technical skills while leading projects driven by Red Ventures’ key business priorities
- Play a significant role in daily engineering responsibilities for one of Red Ventures’ rapidly growing business units
- Work with user experience and creative team to transform designs into living products
- Develop scalable web applications for award-winning consumer-facing financial tools
- Develop modules to assist in A/B testing of different experiences based on data
- Work with best-in-breed frameworks and libraries for styling, layouts, and navigation flows
- Own full web development requirements and implementation, release management, QA regression scripts, and deployment to containerized production environments
- Make decisions that affect all critical aspects of product development
- Immerse yourself in one of our product teams and drive daily performance, develop solutions and see them through as they are implemented
- Make formal presentations to senior leadership teams
- Participate in intense training and coursework during and outside regular business hours
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 3-4 years of technical experience or business experience with a strong interest in technology
- A Bachelor’s degree with a strong record of academic success; preferred majors include analytical or technology-oriented disciplines (e.g. computer science, MIS, economics, statistics, mathematics etc.)
- Experience with in-depth problem solving, the ability to think strategically while being detail and execution-oriented, and success in managing competing priorities
- Comfort in a fast-paced and often changing environment
- Excellent communication, collaboration and writing skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit, incredible drive and agility
- A strong desire and commitment to help rebuild Puerto Rico's struggling economy by moving back to Puerto Rico to start or work at a startup or growing company after program graduation
- Excitement about relocating to the Charlotte, NC area for 18 months
- A sense of humor!
The strongest candidates will have some of the following:
- Experience in hands-on software design and backend coding through internships, work experience, and side projects
- Object Oriented Programming and software design ability (PHP, C#, .NET core); able to develop systems that meet architectural objectives including reusable, scalable code
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, and/or SQL Server databases
- Experience developing and supporting production quality API
- REST, SOAP and API service, HTTP Status Codes, Content Negotiation, API versioning, Caching
- Security, Stability, Reliability, Scalability, Performance, Monitoring, Documentation
- Experience with various architectures
- Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Event Driven Architecture, Microservices, Cloud Native
- Experience with testing
- Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Integration Testing, Load Testing, Test Automation, Consumer Driven Contract Testing