For the past 25 years, we’ve been doing work that matters. We’re a digital agency that leverages technology to extend the influence of our mission-driven clients. Every day, our team of more than 100 digital strategists, architects, designers, and creators help leading nonprofit organizations and government agencies across the country make an impact. But this team still needs you! This is your opportunity to join the company helping those doing good in the world - do more, reach more, and achieve more.
Forum One is looking for a talented Technical Architect to join an exceptional and innovative team working on React & React Native web and mobile applications within our technology practice.
As the ideal candidate you’re a React Native and Mobile App subject matter expert, have a proven record of architecting multi-platform, enterprise-level solutions, and contributing technical expertise and code to your projects. You’re proactive, have exceptional communication skills, and a high level of accountability. You have experience mentoring other staff, are active in the technical community, and serve in a client-facing capacity throughout engagements.
What you’ll do:
- Architect applications with modern frameworks, tools and processes.
- Design solutions that incorporate and synthesize client functional and business requirements and goals.
- Understand clients’ vision and work within time and budget constraints to turn that vision into actionable work.
- Clearly communicate technical issues and tradeoffs to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Consult on technical and platform best practices, features, functionality, and architecture.
- Engage in hands-on development tasks with the team to ensure that the final deliverable helps the client meet its business objectives.
- Provide oversight and leadership on large projects.
- Design and lead internal training in areas where you are a specialist.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience working as a Mobile, Front-End or Fullstack Engineer.
- Excellent understanding of the mobile/native app development and deployment ecosystem.
- Experience with Xcode and Android Studio.
- Experience working in a deadline-driven, technical, and design-focused environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a team and with all levels of staff.
What would be nice:
- Previous experience in a senior technical role (Sr. Developer, Lead, Architect, etc).
- Experience building applications as part of a headless/composable CMS architecture.
- Experience working with GraphQL and REST APIs.
- Experience with Drupal, WordPress, Sitecore, and/or Contentful.
- Experience working across both web and mobile platforms.
- Familiarity with Mobile UI/UX design principles and best practices.
- Previous agency experience.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Competitive Salary & Employee Ownership Plan
- 401(k) match, Commuter benefits & flexible spending accounts
- 15 Vacation days, in addition to Sick Leave & Floating Holidays
- Flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- Company-provided laptops
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
What we value:
- We’re passionate about our work - our clients’ missions matter, and we apply our passion in support of clients who are addressing the most critical global issues.
- We’re great partners - we’re collaborative, approachable, creative, inclusive, and reliable.
- We’re continuous learners - we are always expanding, refining, and improving our craft, value, and impact—as individuals and as a team.
- We’re inquisitive problem solvers - we’re dedicated to finding the right solution, which requires actively engaging varied perspectives, and approaching our work with flexibility, humility, and open minds.
- We get things done - we are thoughtful and thorough, but we don’t waste time or hesitate to tackle problems head on.
- We do the right thing - we make decisions for Forum One and our clients with the highest integrity, respect, fairness, and honesty.
Forum One contracts with the federal government, subjecting it to federal COVID-19 vaccine mandates. Forum One will require you to be vaccinated. Forum One will permit limited medical and religious exemptions. Upon offer of employment, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status.
Forum One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.