At Forum One, we do work that matters. We work with change makers, including nonprofits, foundations, and government agencies. We currently have a contract position working with one of government clients based in Washington DC. This position will begin as a remote position.
As a 1099 Contract User Experience Designer, you will work with the client to diagnose, prioritize, and solve problems proactively. You will provide support to the client for general user experience design services, including facilitating design workshops, supporting maintenance of the Government website, and support via various deliverables such as wireframes, user journeys and other UX deliverables.
What you’ll do:
- Consult and facilitate design workshops and ideation sessions with Design & Development teams in coordination with representatives of outside offices
- Participate with project teams in the maintenance of client’s .gov site and other digital platforms, both internal and external. Includes the development of page templates, interactive patterns and interfaces, navigation, and information architecture to support ongoing development and design
- Support stakeholders by communicating project needs based on templates, technical requirements, and web best practices, auditing existing experiences, and helping stakeholders understand the implications of new information architecture and visual hierarchies creating frameworks for content drafting
- Define, design, and execute usability testing, incorporating feedback into new designs and future iterations. Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research and translate findings into tangible recommendations for stakeholders and development team.
- Apply UI design and information architecture principles to complete and enhance the usability of digital platform content and experiences.
- Contributing to, maintaining, and communicating Bureau brand standards and requirements for digital; services. Identifies, communicates, and applies best web design and usability practices.
- Develop/contribute to best practices documentation.
- Enter new or edited content into the content management system, Github, or other systems and work with user experiences designers and developers to improve the CMS.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- US Citizenship
- 5+ years of professional or academic experience in user experience design
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and shift focus between projects while maintaining attention to detail
- Effective written, storytelling, verbal and presentation skills with ability to present to all levels within the organization.
- Precision and facility with language; dedicated to finding the best way to articulate ideas
- Demonstrated experience identifying underlying issues and designing innovative solutions to address user needs and create a successful user experience;
- Demonstrated experience using qualitative and quantitative information and data to support designs and measure ongoing performance, considering short and long-term implications of solutions;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with team members from multiple disciplines and creating deliverables to support communication such as user journeys, wireframes, sitemaps, flowcharts, storyboards, or user stories.
- Demonstrated experience implementing good search engine optimization (SEO) practices, interpreting user research and site analytics, and conducting audits to inform content and IA needs.
What we value:
- We’re passionate about our work - our clients’ missions matter, and we apply our passion in support of clients who are addressing the most critical global issues.
- We’re great partners - we’re collaborative, approachable, creative, inclusive, and reliable.
- We’re continuous learners - we are always expanding, refining, and improving our craft, value, and impact—as individuals and as a team.
- We’re inquisitive problem solvers - we’re dedicated to finding the right solution, which requires actively engaging varied perspectives, and approaching our work with flexibility, humility, and open minds.
- We get things done - we are thoughtful and thorough, but we don’t waste time or hesitate to tackle problems head on.
- We do the right thing - we make decisions for Forum One and our clients with the highest integrity, respect, fairness, and honesty.
Forum One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.