For the past 25 years, we’ve been doing work that matters. We’re a digital agency that leverages technology to extend the influence of our mission-driven clients. Every day, our team of more than 100 digital strategists, architects, designers, and creators help leading nonprofit organizations and government agencies across the country make an impact. But this team still needs you! This is your opportunity to join the company helping those doing good in the world - do more, reach more, and achieve more.
Forum One is seeking a Technical Architect with outstanding programming, architecture, and leadership skills to add to our growing team of talented developers. You’ll be part of an exceptional tech team that constantly seeks innovative ways to serve our clients. What kind of clients could you support? We currently support Peace Corps, The Center for Health and Gender Equity (CHANGE), USAID, Center for Strategic and International Studies, NMAAHC, Fairfax County Public Schools, EPA and more!
As a Technical Architect at Forum One, you’ll be responsible for designing and building solutions that directly address our clients’ business goals and requirements. You’ll demonstrate leadership and ownership over the large, dynamic client engagements on which you work. Your solutions take into account time and budget constraints while showing dedication to quality and innovation.
As the ideal candidate you have a proven record of technical project management, and contribute code and programming expertise to your projects. You’re proactive and have excellent written and oral communication skills. You have experience mentoring other staff, are active in the technical community, and serve in a client-facing capacity throughout engagements. Our company is made up of highly motivated individuals who love to help organizations reach their full digital potential, and we're looking for someone with a similar mindset who seeks dynamic solutions, believes in our company’s mission, and brings valuable experience.
What you’ll do:
- Proficiently develop applications with modern frameworks, tools and processes.
- Design solutions that incorporate and synthesize client functional and business requirements and goals.
- Understand clients’ vision and work within time and budget constraints to turn that vision into actionable work.
- Clearly communicate technical issues (and tradeoffs) to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Engage in hands-on programming tasks with the team to ensure that the final deliverable helps the client meet its business objectives.
- Provide oversight and leadership on large projects.
- Design and lead internal trainings in areas where you are a specialist.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience with PHP.
- Significant experience with Drupal 8; experience with previous versions of Drupal is a plus.
- Excellent understanding of security and performance principles.
- Experience working in a deadline-driven, technical, and design-focused environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a team and with all levels of staff.
What would be nice:
- WordPress, React and Docker experience
- Experience using React to build decoupled web applications
- Previous agency experience
- Scrum Master Certification
Why you’ll love it here:
- Competitive Salary & Employee Ownership Plan
- 401(k) match, Commuter benefits & flexible spending accounts
- 15 Vacation days, in addition to Sick Leave & Floating Holidays
- Flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- Company-provided laptops
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
What we value:
- We’re passionate about our work - our clients’ missions matter, and we apply our passion in support of clients who are addressing the most critical global issues.
- We’re great partners - we’re collaborative, approachable, creative, inclusive, and reliable.
- We’re continuous learners - we are always expanding, refining, and improving our craft, value, and impact—as individuals and as a team.
- We’re inquisitive problem solvers - we’re dedicated to finding the right solution, which requires actively engaging varied perspectives, and approaching our work with flexibility, humility, and open minds.
- We get things done - we are thoughtful and thorough, but we don’t waste time or hesitate to tackle problems head on.
- We do the right thing - we make decisions for Forum One and our clients with the highest integrity, respect, fairness, and honesty.
Forum One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.