Senior Social Media Editor, Asia and Europe
Fortune is seeking a senior social media editor to join our global team. Based in Singapore, this role will support our growing operations in both Asia and Europe to develop and engage our audiences in those regions.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Working and coordinating with the US-based executive director of editorial growth and senior editor, distribution and social video in the US.
• Working closely with the global Fortune news and social teams to execute key social and audience initiatives and grow traffic across Asia and Europe on and off platform.
• Identifying strategic initiatives for our channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter/X, TikTok, and Instagram, tailored to audience trends and habits in Asia and Europe.
• Helping define and execute strategy for syndication partnerships, such as MSN, Apple News, SmartNews, Flipboard, Reddit, etc.
• Communicating successes and strategy to editorial and audience teams; create a regular “trending” report to help identify high-traffic story opportunities and refine our approach.
• Advising editors and writers on SEO and other tactics to maximize opportunities.
• Identifying trending story opportunities for editors; occasionally write trending stories.
• Helping manage the content calendar for features, franchises/lists, and events.
• Exploring and launching new social channels and partnerships to drive traffic and subscriptions.
• Discover and pitch new growth channels popular with international markets.
Required and desired experience:
• 5+ years of experience in social media/audience for a major digital publication in Asia and/or Europe.
• Familiarity and experience with, or at least deep interest in, business news.
• Strong understanding of the business news, digital news, and social media landscapes in both regions.
• Expertise in framing and headline writing who understands which stories and packaging resonate best with audiences.
• Deep familiarity with social platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter/X, Instagram, and TikTok.
• Demonstrated creativity in storytelling across multiple platforms.
• Experience in social video is a plus.
This role will be full-time and is based in our Singapore office. Some travel may be required.