Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
Engineers in this role are responsible for developing processes and applications to deploy, scale, monitor and maintain well architected cloud infrastructure solutions as we establish a significant presence within the SaaS business market. The ideal candidate has a strong desire for excellence, with confidence in their expertise while developing and maintaining in-depth knowledge of product deployment technology and assist product teams to host their products in the Fortra managed cloud environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and implement state-of-the-art technical solutions on cloud infrastructure that address business requirements for scalability, reliability, security, automation, and performance
- Perform operational engineering activities which include platform upgrades, server patching, monitoring, configuration, troubleshooting, and documentation
- Identify, design, and deploy appropriate monitoring/alerting of service events related to performance, scalability, availability, and reliability
- Provide 24/7 support as part of an on-call rotation team that responds to afterhours infrastructure alerts and calls from the application support team requiring infrastructure support.
- Define and maintain critical cloud policies regarding Security, Service Level Agreements, Disaster Recovery, Shared Responsibility, Acceptable Use, Data Retention etc.
- Contribute to cloud strategy discussions, and decisions on overall cloud design and best approach for implementing cloud solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years of experience operating in a Public Cloud environment (AWS strongly preferred)
- Strong Kubernetes operational support and Infrastructure as Code experience required
- Demonstrated experience supporting Development and Cloud Operations for Python, Go and/or Java applications and services
- DevOps Skills
- AWS Cloud Operations and Administration experience
- Infrastructure as code experience (expect Terraform, but hope for Crossplane or Pulumi)
- SCM and CI/CD experience in a DevOps environment (GitLab / Jenkins / Tekton)
- Agile workitem management (Jira and Jira Service Management)
- SRE Skills
- Problem Management in a Blameless Culture environment
- Availability, SLA Management and other SRE concepts
- Observability, Alerting, and On Call / Incident Response
- Platform Skills
- Kubernetes Infrastructure and Operations Support
- Experience across the CNCF (Cloud Native Computing Foundation) landscape
- Cloud Networking experience in general and with Kubernetes specifically
- Experience with Helm is expected, KOPS preferred
This is Fortra, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.