Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
This position is responsible for enhancing and maintaining existing software products as well as developing new products. The ideal candidate has a strong desire for excellence, with confidence in their expertise, and is a creative problem solver.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale.
- Design and implement major new features and functionality
- Implement comprehensive test coverage of developed features.
- Maintain and support the product, helping to resolve customer reported issues.
- Work within R&D to improve processes and best practices
- Innovate process solutions
- Align best practices
- Monitor for and sometimes enforcement of standards
- Serve as the technical lead for a specific area of product functionality.
- Participate in the full development lifecycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Diagnose and fix complex product defects within a project or supporting customers.
- Work with limited supervision on complex projects.
- Latitude for independent judgment.
- Assist and mentor less experienced team members.
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires 10 or more years of job experience and education, preferably a degree in Programming, Computer Science or related IT field.
- Extensive experience developing software with C++, preferably involving the Linux Kernel.
- Working knowledge of the Agile Project development methodology and be able to implement those methodologies in active projects.
- Experience using the Extended Berkeley Packet Filter (eBPF).
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience acting as the technical lead on a project involving multiple engineers.
This is Fortra, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.