Want to impact one of the largest industries in the world? Fortera is a materials technology company headquartered in Silicon Valley that has created a new highly engineered zero CO2 cement solution that can reduce CO2 emissions by 100% when combined with green energy sources.The technology is inspired by nature and directly converts CO2 into a replacement for ordinary cement, turning a problem into a product. With over ten years of testing and 100,000 hours of R&D backing the technology, Fortera is ready to grow the team and begin commercial production of this exciting new product. Be on the ground floor of a carbon-to-value movement that will impact millions for generations to come. We are looking for passionate thinkers, doers, and problem-solvers who share our vision that big challenges are big opportunities for change. Visit www.forteraglobal.com for more information.
Under the direction of the SVP of Project Execution, you will track and report on project scheduling, budgeting, and scope control. The projects control analyst will own establishing the project budget and cost forecasting, project schedules and project risk management and scope control.
- Lead the development and implementation of cost management program for construction projects, including approved budget, total commitments, cost incurred and invoiced costs. Work closely with project team to forecast project costs during project execution.
- Identify cost and schedule variances to help the project management team to find strategies for corrective action.
- Ensure alignment with Finance on funding requirements, budget, and milestones to reflect proper project cost information.
- Cost Analysis & tracking: Perform trend analysis and actively evaluate project cost performance to identify potential risk areas and validate forecast.
- Maintain cost tools and reports to communicate project cost metrics and performance with the project team and senior managers so they can make data-based decisions.
- Lead the Change Management process to ensure accurate cost and schedule projections for each project.
- Create effective scheduling, cost, cash flow, head count and forecasts reports for various projects.
- Analyze and evaluate schedules for critical path, project risk, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create and present reports to executive personnel on project performance, risks, and areas for improvement. Produce reports/dashboards to communicate cost performance to various teams.
- Create and update project budgets with committed costs, current and total spend and budget actuals. Track and report on earned value.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify project risks and track them.
- Track historical cost to help develop up to date benchmarking data for estimating.
- Other work as needed in support of successful project delivery.
- BS in Engineering, Construction, Construction Management, or other relevant areas or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience in Project Controls: preferably in industrial, construction, and/or high-tech industries
- Experience in estimation with Chemical, Civil, Structural, Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical and materials handling.
- Strong experience with construction management and projects involving construction of industrial processes.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines, ambiguous information, and aggressive goals.
- Experience with change management procedures is valued. Ability to provide or prepare cost trend/change estimates in support of the project.
- Have an innovative approach to the work for better efficiency. Ability to work with a lot of data and present it in a meaningful way.
- Knowledge of construction estimating and scheduling.
- Demonstrate competency with relevant software systems and packages including Aconex, Oracle Unifier, P6, Bluebeam, CAD, and other construction packages.
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability in cross-functional environment.
The compensation package for this role includes a compensation package commensurate with experience of $115,000 - $145,000 and pre-IPO incentive stock options.
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 100% company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverages for employees
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Tax deferred & Roth 401k
- Paid vacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays, and unlimited PTO for exempt employees.
Fortera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.