Want to impact one of the largest industries in the world? Fortera is a materials technology company headquartered in Silicon Valley that has created a new highly engineered zero CO2 cement solution that can reduce CO2 emissions by 100% when combined with green energy sources.The technology is inspired by nature and directly converts CO2 into a replacement for ordinary cement, turning a problem into a product. With over ten years of testing and 100,000 hours of R&D backing the technology, Fortera is ready to grow the team and begin commercial production of this exciting new product. Be on the ground floor of a carbon-to-value movement that will impact millions for generations to come. We are looking for passionate thinkers, doers, and problem-solvers who share our vision that big challenges are big opportunities for change. Visit www.forteraglobal.com for more information.
Under the direction of the SVP of Project Execution, the Sr. Procurement Specialist will direct the daily operations of procurement activities, including the preparation, review, and processing of equipment supply contracts, formal bids, requests for qualification (RFQ), requests for proposal (RFP), and purchase orders. This position willserve as the company’s procurement subject-matter expert.
The Sr. Procurement Specialist will oversee purchasing, logistics and delivery to ensure consistency, cost-effectiveness, efficiency, and adequacy of the procurement process for plant equipment. They will be responsible for overseeing and facilitating the purchasing strategy, purchasing, delivery, and logistics. Extensive experience purchasing heavy-industrial equipment such as solids handling, electrical sub-stations, chemical process equipment, or oil and gas equipment is required.
- Develop and oversee an effective strategic sourcing and supplier management program with a strong emphasis on quality, cost, and on-time supply. Work with the suppliers on innovative approaches and partnerships.
- In conjunction with the internal legal team, lead contract negotiations and manage contractual equipment supply agreements.
- Establish long-term relationships with key strategic suppliers on critical long lead time equipment; negotiate deposit/credit- based purchase arrangements and obtain purchase discounts for equipment ordering in scale.
- Manage/develop all aspects of the strategic sourcing of projects including strategy development, supply market analysis, RFP creation and analysis, negotiations, contracting and implementation.
- Engage in regular contact with suppliers. Oversee supplier relationships to ensure strong ongoing and consistent supply of equipment as needed to meet project budget and schedules.
- Track and manage equipment supplier performance from RFQ through delivery.
- Ensure contracts with suppliers and vendors are consistent with corporate objectives of quality, sustainability, and DEI.
- Utilize a data-driven approach to identify areas for improvement in supply chain. Track equipment costs and supplier performance using approved metrics and tools.
- Create and manage Approved Vendor List. Negotiate and approve MSAs, payment terms and schedules, and purchase orders for all equipment purchased directly by company.
- Analyze trends in delivery and performance and make corresponding sourcing decisions.
- Lead and/or participate in meetings with suppliers to rectify issues and to ensure suppliers are capable of meeting and are aware of the requirements and expectations.
- 10 + years of experience in procurement, supply chain, or manufacturing.
- Proven skills in Procurement management and strategies.
- Excellent at equipment contract negotiations to obtain favorable price, schedule, and performance from equipment vendors.
- Strong knowledge of strategic sourcing and supply chain. Experience vetting potential service and equipment suppliers.
- Extensive experience purchasing heavy-industrial equipment such as solids handling, electrical sub-stations, chemical process equipment, or oil and gas equipment.
- Strong familiarity with purchase order agreements/forms and competitive purchase order terms.
- Ability to work effectively cross functionally with engineering, construction, business development and finance groups.
- Possess excellent communications skills.
- Knowledge and experience in negotiating commercial agreements with global companies in both domestic and international settings.
- Knowledge and strong experience with ERPs, procure to pay, and account payable systems.
- Experience with risk management and loss control.
- Experience working in a start-up environment a plus.
The compensation package for this role includes a compensation package commensurate with experience of $140,000 - $160,000 and pre-IPO incentive stock options.
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 100% company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverages for employees
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Tax deferred & Roth 401k
- Paid vacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays, and unlimited PTO for exempt employees.
Fortera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.