Want to disrupt one of the largest industries in the world? Fortera is a Materials Technology Company headquartered in Silicon Valley that has created a new low-cost, low CO2 cement that can reduce cement emissions by 60% and global CO2 emissions by 5%. The technology is inspired by nature and directly converts CO2 into a replacement for ordinary cement, turning a problem into a product. With over ten years of testing and 100,000 hours of R&D backing the technology, Fortera is ready to grow the team and begin commercial production of this exciting new product. Be on the ground floor of a carbon-to-value movement that will impact millions for generations to come. We are looking for passionate thinkers, doers, and problem-solvers who share our vision that big challenges are big opportunities for change. Visit www.ForteraUSA.com for more information.
Reporting to the General Counsel and Vice President of Intellectual Property, the Director, Commercial Contracts will be a critically important and integral member of the legal team. Our ideal candidate will be extremely detail oriented, confident, professional, and proactive in their approach, able to work collaboratively and capable of working autonomously. You will have prior corporate experience providing legal support and assistance to a General Counsel for a pre-IPO stage company in the areas of drafting and reviewing contracts, contract and IP management, project development and corporate transactions, legal compliance, communication, legal research, training and development and dispute resolution.
- Manage and oversee the legal contracts function for Fortera.
- Draft, review and work with the attorneys on the negotiation of various contracts, including NDAs, MTAs, EPC, Change Orders, equipment purchases, leases, site agreements, offtake/tolling agreements, vendor agreements, consulting agreements, service contracts, licensing agreements, and other legal documents.
- Ensure that all contracts & IP materials are properly executed, filed, and stored for future reference. Responsible for maintaining Contracts Legal Management (CLM) system including tracking contract renewal dates, deadlines, and obligations, and ensuring that the organization is in compliance with contractual obligations.
- Assist in project development & corporate transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, financing rounds, and public offerings/IPO, management of data room, due diligence, and follow-up for transactions. Makes sure all necessary executed corporate contracts and documents are available for review in financing transactions.
- Interact with EPC providers and internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with contract requirements and overall Risk Management.
- Ensure that all contracts are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies, including data privacy laws and intellectual property laws.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders, including business development, engineering, procurement teams, and management, as well as external stakeholders, including clients, vendors, and legal counsel, to ensure that all contractual obligations are met.
- Responsible for assisting with legal research on various issues such as contracts, leases, IP matters and other relevant laws and regulations.
- Capture Lessons Learned from projects, EPC providers, and vendors to incorporate best practices and continuous improvement cycle into our contracts.
- Train and develop staff members on contract management policies and procedures.
- Work with legal counsel and other departments to resolve disputes related to contractual obligations.
- Other legal team support work, as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and certification from an accredited Paralegal program.
- 10+ years of relevant legal experience as a Legal Contracts Manager working for public or private companies.
- 10+ years of experience drafting and reviewing NDAs, MTAs, EPC, Change Orders, equipment, leases, site agreements, offtake/tolling agreements, vendor agreements, consulting agreements, service contracts, licensing agreements, and other legal documents.
- Previous experience managing contracts for manufacturing company.
- Prior experience managing a Contracts Legal Management System.
- Must be able to work independently and across multiple functions including engineering and R&D.
The compensation package for this role includes a competitive base salary commensurate with experience of $125,000 - $150,000 as well as an annual bonus and pre-IPO incentive stock options.
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 100% company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverages for employees
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Tax deferred & Roth 401k
- Paid vacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays, and unlimited PTO for exempt employees.
Fortera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.