Want to disrupt one of the largest industries in the world? Fortera is a Materials Technology Company headquartered in Silicon Valley that has created a new low-cost, low CO2 cement that can reduce cement emissions by 60% and global CO2 emissions by 5%. The technology is inspired by nature and directly converts CO2 into a replacement for ordinary cement, turning a problem into a product. With over ten years of testing and 100,000 hours of R&D backing the technology, Fortera is ready to grow the team and begin commercial production of this exciting new product. Be on the ground floor of a carbon-to-value movement that will impact millions for generations to come. We are looking for passionate thinkers, doers, and problem-solvers who share our vision that big challenges are big opportunities for change. Visit www.ForteraUSA.com for more information.
Fortera is searching for a Millwright for our newly built computer-controlled pilot plant located in Redding, CA. For this position, a minimum of five years’ experience as a Millwright is required. This role is ideally suited for someone who has worked as a Millwright in chemical or other industrial plant. As a Millwright, you will be involved in maintaining the plant equipment and will follow Standard Operating Procedures and upgrade the plant as needed to accomplish the technology development.
Our technology and plant operations are unique. We will provide the necessary operations training. The position is a day shift, within a 24-hour operation, ability to make intelligent process decisions, and always maintain safe work practices.
For this position, call outs outside of normal hours are to be expected.
This position will report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Ensure that all assigned equipment is properly maintained, clean, in safe and in proper working order.
- Conduct necessary inspection of the equipment and troubleshoot problems.
- Participate in maintenance of the equipment, while the plant is running and during shutdowns.
- Ensure Company policies and OSHA / Cal EPA regulations are followed.
- Develop expertise in the Fortera process.
- Will be required to operate small equipment like forklift, manlift.
- Experience as a Millwright in Chemical or other heavy industries. Certification a plus
- Knowledge in replacing and repairing equipment like agitators, motors, gearbox, conveyors, blowers, compressors.
- Capable of aligning equipment using dial indicators or laser.
- Experience in replacing bearings, mechanical seals a plus.
- Being able to read mechanical drawing.
- Being able to read hydraulic schematic and trouble shoot system a plus.
- Should be able to weld and cut carbon and stainless steel.
- Experience on wiring 480V motor a plus.
- Forklift and manlift operation experience a plus.
- Display an uncompromising focus on safety by properly following company policies and OSHA/CalEPA regulations for safe working procedures and protection of the environment.
- Willing to work in a team environment and assist co-workers and/or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must require minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Familiarity with computer software programs and phone apps a plus.
- Ability to use respiratory equipment and pass fit test is required.
- Ability to move/lift up to 50 lbs. during the course of the workday.
- Will need to pass a physical exam for HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response)
The hourly range for this job is $28.00 - $35.00, commensurate with experience.
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 100% company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverages for employees
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Tax deferred & Roth 401k
- Paid vacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays, and unlimited PTO for exempt employees.
Fortera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.