Want to disrupt one of the largest industries in the world? Fortera is a Materials Technology Company headquartered in Silicon Valley that has created a new low-cost, low CO2 cement that can reduce cement emissions by 60% and global CO2 emissions by 5%. The technology is inspired by nature and directly converts CO2 into a replacement for ordinary cement, turning a problem into a product. With over ten years of testing and 100,000 hours of R&D backing the technology, Fortera is ready to grow the team and begin commercial production of this exciting new product. Be on the ground floor of a carbon-to-value movement that will impact millions for generations to come. We are looking for passionate thinkers, doers, and problem-solvers who share our vision that big challenges are big opportunities for change. Visit www.ForteraUSA.com for more information.
The Laboratory Technician will assist the efforts to develop more sustainable cements. The role will include performing routine tasks such as batching concrete and mortar mixes, compression tests, durability tests, and sample preparation for analytical tests.
- Blend cements and mix mortars
- Ability for Concrete mixing
- Daily operation of cement laboratory testing like compression strengths for mortar and concrete
- Inventory consumables
- Maintain laboratory cleanliness
- Conduct safety inspections
- High School Diploma
- Experience working in a laboratory or construction setting
- Ability to perform tests in a consistent and repeatable fashion
- Eagerness to learn
- Willingness to work in a team
- A “can-do” attitude
- Willingness to obtain ACI certifications
- ACI certified Cement Physical Tester
- ACI certified Concrete Laboratory Testing Technician—Level 1 or 2
The hourly range for this job is $20.00 - $23.00, commensurate with experience.
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 100% company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverages for employees
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Tax deferred & Roth 401k
- Paid vacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays, and unlimited PTO for exempt employees.
Fortera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.