Want to disrupt one of the largest industries in the world? Fortera is a Materials Technology Company headquartered in Silicon Valley that has created a new low-cost, low CO2 cement that can reduce cement emissions by 60% and global CO2 emissions by 5%. The technology is inspired by nature and directly converts CO2 into a replacement for ordinary cement, turning a problem into a product. With over ten years of testing and 100,000 hours of R&D backing the technology, Fortera is ready to grow the team and begin commercial production of this exciting new product. Be on the ground floor of a carbon-to-value movement that will impact millions for generations to come. We are looking for passionate thinkers, doers, and problem-solvers who share our vision that big challenges are big opportunities for change. Visit www.ForteraUSA.com for more information.
As the Director of Government Affairs, you will be the leader responsible for developing, leading, and executing legislative strategy for Fortera. You will represent the company’s interests in front of Federal, State, and local authorities. The director will facilitate Fortera’s legislative policy and government affairs activities including securing public procurement contracts. This position requires knowledge and hands-on experience in government and public procurement processes.
- Develop and implement effective legislative strategies for key business priorities involving low carbon technologies and Federal advocacy.
- Coordinate, manage and participate in identified legislative / political organizations.
- Provide support to the Vice President of Corporate Development to ensure federal advocacy activities are aligned with achieving strategic departmental and enterprise business objectives.
- Monitor, assess, and advise on Federal, State, and local policy relevant to low carbon technologies.
- Proactively evaluate legislation and federal agency program funding.
- Assist in the development of Fortera’s positions on specific legislative efforts in low carbon emission technologies.
- Engage stakeholders on issues of importance to Fortera’s mission.
- Represent Fortera, its programs and policy positions in public and official forums.
- Establish procurement contracts with Federal and State offices (GSA, Buy Clean Task Force, Department of Transportation, etc.) for the purchase of Fortera cement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Economics, Policy, or related discipline/coursework from a four-year college or university; Master’s or JD a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in policy, public administration, legislative staff work, lobbying, federal procurement, or related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of state governmental and legislative processes.
- Strong knowledge of, and relationships with key networks in federal and state government on issues related to low carbon emission technology and opportunities.
- Excellent skills in analyzing, understanding, and translating complex legislative and policy issues to advise on pending legislation and changes in key government policy.
- Direct experience with policy development and advocacy at the state level
- Excellent, efficient writing, and editing abilities in the policy context.
- Ability to communicate clearly, tactfully, and persuasively to individuals and groups.
- Proven networking abilities and a talent for coalition-building and ideation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The compensation package for this role includes a competitive base salary commensurate with experience of $145,000 - $160,000, as well as an annual bonus and pre-IPO incentive stock options.
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 100% company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverages for employees
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Tax deferred & Roth 401k
- Paid vacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays, and unlimited PTO for exempt employees
Fortera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.