Want to disrupt one of the largest industries in the world? Fortera is a Materials Technology Company headquartered in Silicon Valley that has created a new low-cost, low CO2 cement that can reduce cement emissions by 60% and global CO2 emissions by 5%. The technology is inspired by nature and directly converts CO2 into a replacement for ordinary cement, turning a problem into a product. With over ten years of testing and 100,000 hours of R&D backing the technology, Fortera is ready to grow the team and begin commercial production of this exciting new product. Be on the ground floor of a carbon-to-value movement that will impact millions for generations to come. We are looking for passionate thinkers, doers, and problem-solvers who share our vision that big challenges are big opportunities for change. Visit www.ForteraUSA.com for more information.
Fortera is searching for a Plant Operator for our newly built computer-controlled pilot plant located in Redding, CA. For this position, plant operation experience is desired but not necessary. Candidates with innate intelligence and capacity to learn how to run the plant safely and efficiently will be strongly considered. This role is suited for someone willing to learn pilot plant operations with ideally hands-on mechanical maintenance and construction experience. During the plants operation, the person will follow Standard Operating Procedures and will be involved in maintaining and upgrading the plant as needed to accomplish the technology development.
Our technology and plant operations are unique. We will we provide the necessary operations training. The position requires work shift flexibility with a 24-hour operation, ability to make intelligent process decisions, and always maintain safe work practices.
This position will report directly to the Plant Manager.
- Operate the plant safely and efficiently through the computerized control system.
- Responsible for reading and interpreting system information and taking proper actions.
- Ensure that all assigned equipment is properly maintained, clean, in safe and in proper working order.
- Conduct necessary inspection of the equipment and troubleshoot problems.
- Participate in maintenance of the equipment, while the plant is running and during shutdowns.
- Ensure Company policies and OSHA / Cal EPA regulations are followed
- Develop expertise in the Fortera process
- May be required to operate small equipment like forklift
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering preferred or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of plant operations, maintenance, and electrical systems desired
- Display an uncompromising focus on safety by properly following company policies and OSHA/CalEPA regulations for safe working procedures and protection of the environment
- Willing to work in a team environment and assist co-workers and/or supervisors with other duties as required
- Must require minimal supervision and be able to make decisions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions
- Familiarity with computer software programs such as MS office (Excel, Word).
- Ability to use respiratory equipment is required.
- Ability to move/lift up to 50 lbs. during the course of the workday
- Will need to pass a physical exam for HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response)
Fortera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.