Want to disrupt one of the largest industries in the world? Fortera is a Materials Technology Company headquartered in Silicon Valley that has created a new low-cost, low CO2 cement that can reduce cement emissions by 60% and global CO2 emissions by 5%. The technology is inspired by nature and directly converts CO2 into a replacement for ordinary cement, turning a problem into a product. With over ten years of testing and 100,000 hours of R&D backing the technology, Fortera is ready to grow the team and begin commercial production of this exciting new product. Be on the ground floor of a carbon-to-value movement that will impact millions for generations to come. We are looking for passionate thinkers, doers, and problem-solvers who share our vision that big challenges are big opportunities for change. Visit www.ForteraUSA.com for more information.
The Lab Intern will have the opportunity to learn about new and innovative cementitious materials, materials analysis, and cement chemistry.
The Lab Intern will assist with laboratory efforts to prepare and analyze cement-based formulations. The role will include performing ASTM standards as related to cement, mortar, and concrete materials. This individual will also have the opportunity to learn more about the fundamentals of materials by using characterization techniques such as XRD/XRF/SEM/Calorimetry, etc.
This position will be part of the Product Team within the R&D department.
- Assist with daily production and analysis cement-based materials
- Assist with operation of laboratory test and analytical equipment
- Maintain and update Inventory of consumables and chemicals in the laboratory
- Conduct safety inspections
- Comply with all safety/lean practices within the lab
- 3+ years of study in Civil Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or a related field
- Eagerness to learn
- Willingness to work in a team
- A “can-do” attitude
- Experience with preparation and testing of cement-based materials
- Familiarity with analytical techniques including: XRD, XRF, PSA, SEM, BET, etc.
Fortera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.