Want to disrupt one of the largest industries in the world? Fortera is a Materials Technology Company headquartered in Silicon Valley that has created a new low-cost, low CO2 cement that can reduce cement emissions by 60% and global CO2 emissions by 5%. The technology is inspired by nature and directly converts CO2 into a replacement for ordinary cement, turning a problem into a product. With over ten years of testing and 100,000 hours of R&D backing the technology, Fortera is ready to grow the team and begin commercial production of this exciting new product. Be on the ground floor of a carbon-to-value movement that will impact millions for generations to come. We are looking for passionate thinkers, doers, and problem-solvers who share our vision that big challenges are big opportunities for change. Visit www.ForteraUSA.com for more information.
The Quality Engineer Intern will assist with determining and implementing effective and efficient quality controls solutions for company processes. This individual will perform continuous improvement activities using various methods of testing and inspection. This individual will have the opportunity to get hands on experience and learn about quality methods such as 5S, SOP creations, root cause analysis.
This position will be part of the Quality team within the R&D department.
- Review and analyze daily laboratory activities and processes to look for potential improvements
- Collect cycle times of the different processes thorough the company
- Detect and fix bottlenecks that affect final through put
- Create SOPs (Standard Operations Procedures)
- Assist and support teammates from the R&D Department in creating lean processes
- 3+ years of study in Industrial Engineering or related field
- Eagerness to learn
- Eagerness to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to read and write lab reports
- 3+ months of experience in a lab setting is a plus
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies such as 5S, root cause analysis, continuous process improvements is a plus
- Completion of courses related to quality control is a plus
Fortera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.