Want to disrupt one of the largest industries in the world? Fortera is a Materials Technology Company headquartered in Silicon Valley that has created a new low-cost, low CO2 cement that can reduce cement emissions by 60% and global CO2 emissions by 5%. The technology is inspired by nature and directly converts CO2 into a replacement for ordinary cement, turning a problem into a product. With over ten years of testing and 100,000 hours of R&D backing the technology, Fortera is ready to grow the team and begin commercial production of this exciting new product. Be on the ground floor of a carbon-to-value movement that will impact millions for generations to come. We are looking for passionate thinkers, doers, and problem-solvers who share our vision that big challenges are big opportunities for change. Visit www.ForteraUSA.com for more information.
The Quality Engineer will determine and implement effective and efficient quality controls for different company processes. This individual will perform continuous improvement activities using various testing methods and inspections. This individual will regularly work with and be responsible for quality documentation such as PPAP, 8D reports, and FMEA.
This position will be part of the Quality team within the R&D department.
- Serve as the primary quality assurance resource for problem identification, resolution, reporting, and continuous improvement
- Conduct 5S and ISO audits to ensure standardization, efficiency, and safety in the workplace, as well as develop new sources to resolve workplace inefficiencies.
- Work closely with team members to understand the various vulnerabilities throughout the production process and prescribe the most appropriate quality controls
- Product lot control, analysis, and reporting: making sure we can track performance based on "combined" lots as the OEM OPC producer would see it.
- Defining instrument calibration and maintenance schedules to conform with established standards (such as ISO)
- Process efficiency determination: looking into unit operations to confirm expected performance metrics and feed financial model (CAPEX and OPEX)
- Generate SPCs (Statistical Process Controls) to different areas in the Small Commercial Plant
- Develop sampling plans utilizing established methodologies and best practices
- Create and audit work instructions, SOPs, and VSMs (value stream maps)
- Identify bottlenecks and provide creative solutions to address them
- Keep track of calibration and equipment maintenance
- Work with vendors on all things concerning quality
- Work with the R&D team for disciplined implementation of quality prescriptions and make necessary adjustments when investigating failures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- 3+ years’ experience working in equivalent or similar role
- A deep understanding of the various quality control methodologies commonly employed
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Eagerness to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience handling quality control for a cement plant
- Experience using AutoCAD
Fortera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.