Want to disrupt one of the largest industries in the world? Fortera is a Materials Technology Company headquartered in Silicon Valley that has created a new low-cost, low CO2 cement that can reduce cement emissions by 60% and global CO2 emissions by 5%. The technology is inspired by nature and directly converts CO2 into a replacement for ordinary cement, turning a problem into a product. With over ten years of testing and 100,000 hours of R&D backing the technology, Fortera is ready to grow the team and begin commercial production of this exciting new product. Be on the ground floor of a carbon-to-value movement that will impact millions for generations to come. We are looking for passionate thinkers, doers, and problem-solvers who share our vision that big challenges are big opportunities for change. Visit www.ForteraUSA.com for more information.
Fortera is searching for a marketing professional to take over our external facing communications and branding. The day-to-day responsibility of this role is to generate and publish marketing content such as press releases, interact with journalists, generate digital content, social media updates, and branding assets. There will be opportunities for copywriting, product design, and graphic design in addition to core marketing responsibilities.
- Develop actionable insights to inform on product and marketing strategy
- Set product marketing strategy to achieve our business goal
- Plan and implement go-to-market strategy for product launches
- Define and execute a content marketing roadmap and editorial strategy that communicates the brand value proposition, grows thought leadership in our category.
- Establish strong working relationships with external collaborators across marketing, policy, PR, and product.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain and grow relationships with the press
- The ability to develop well-written, clear, and compelling copy quickly
- Excellent writing, researching, editing, and proofreading skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Design or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in Marketing, Public Relations, or Branding role
- Experience working in the manufactured goods space which can range from building materials, chemicals, new materials, consumer goods, skin care, alternative meats, carbon reducing technology, etc. is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and independently.
- Exceptional writing, design, and editing skills is a plus.
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail necessary to prioritize multiple initiatives and projects.
- Ability to create and assemble attractive marketing materials.
- Working knowledge of design and implementation software necessary for the job functions.
- Full understanding of media needs and media relationships.
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms.
Fortera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.