About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Technical Product Manager to lead the core decisioning platform, which serves as the foundation for the intelligent decisions driving our company's core product portfolio. In close collaboration with Engineering, Data Science, Analysts, and fellow Product Managers, you'll take charge of shaping the platform's vision and roadmap. Your responsibilities include addressing the requirements of our external offerings, while enhancing the platform's scale and capabilities. You will establish clear objectives, define success metrics, monitor KPIs, and ensure flawless execution.
The role will report to the Director of Product, Platforms.
Why should you join us?
The platforms product team at Forter plays a pivotal role in enabling all of Forter's products through a diverse range of platform components. This includes Forter's data platform, chargeback management and billing systems, analytical & research tools, risk management systems, and more. Our primary objective is to build robust platform solutions that empower all of Forter’s products, facilitate rapid scalability, introduce new solutions, and enable the company to push the boundaries in providing exceptional value to our customers..
We take the lead. We work closely with our engineering teams and serve as a bridge to customers and stakeholders across the organization. We handle complex product challenges, employing a blend of product knowledge, technical and analytical skills, and effective leadership in execution.
What you'll be doing:
- Own the full product lifecycle for initiatives in our core decisioning product area, from inception to launch.
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the platform, prioritizing both short term customer needs and long term platform scalability objectives
- Define KPIs and success criteria for your product areas, continuously monitor and adjust toward success
- Define clear and effective product requirements based on user and business needs (PRDs, user stories, use cases)
- Align closely with engineering managers to lead a team of Engineers, Analysts, and other cross-functional stakeholders, drive flawless execution across your products, identify and track risks, and continuously prioritize short and long-term developments.
- Serve as a bridge between the customers and engineers and serve as the voice of the product across the organization.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a Product Manager, specifically in managing technically complex platform products.
- Strong technical background with a deep understanding of APIs, data platforms, data processing, machine learning, and data science.
- Customer-centric mindset and a passion for effectively addressing internal and external customer needs.
- Proven ability to translate complex business and product requirements into clear, detailed technical specifications for engineering teams.
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated capacity to take ownership, motivate teams, and drive successful execution across cross-functional units.
- Great project management skills, including expertise in Agile methodologies such as Scrum, ensuring efficient cross-functional collaboration and successful product deliveries.
- Ability to foster a collaborative environment through open communication and relationship-building skills.
- Adaptability and a desire to excel in fast-paced, growth-oriented companies, contributing significantly to their success.
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.